Windows 10: over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations?

Discus and support over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; as stated in title. still cant get stupid error 2 for dism to go away. Error: 2 Unable to access the image. Make sure that the image path and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParkRat13, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ParkRat13 Win User

over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations?

as stated in title. still cant get stupid error 2 for dism to go away.

Error: 2

Unable to access the image.
    Make sure that the image path and the Windows directory for the image exist and you have Read permissions on the folder.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    PS C:\Windows\system32> dism /image:E:\windows /cleanup-image

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17134.1

Error: 2

i took ownership of the directory. i can delete system32 and anything else from file explorer. but microsoft's tools dont work.

ive never gotten this to work even though functionality has been there since win7, win8, win 8.1 etc.

:)

ParkRat13, Aug 13, 2018

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 13, 2018
  3. x01r Win User
    atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? :D

4. Xercaium Win User

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 gives corrupt files. Dism seems useless in Windows 10 or in it's current build. I've tried all suggested steps and doing a clean install as a last resort and still get Error: 0x800f081f.

So if the official ISO and upgrade from Microsoft is corrupted, how would someone fix this issue? The reason for me using Dism was because I was getting errors using Windows image backup and powershell giving errors, not sure if there's any other issues.

Xercaium, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations? - Similar Threads - years DISM still

2. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  3. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  4. Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DISM Unable to access the Image Error 2 on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]When you run the DISM scan on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 system, you may get the Unable to access the Image Error 2, which consequently stops the Windows system image and component store repair operation on your device. This post provides the most applicable...
  5. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2: I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version: 10.0.14393.4169 [==========================100.0%==========================]...
  6. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2: I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version: 10.0.14393.4169 [==========================100.0%==========================]...
  7. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. DISM, once over...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM, once over...: Windows version: 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165) In this thread, the issue with DISM just recently had been resolved. The system had a BSOD today due to "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, according to the BlueScreenView app. The actual BSOD screen stated something about critical system files,...
  9. Bluescreen for over a year!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen for over a year!: Windows Version Number: Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900) Hello! I have some problems with my PC and no one seems to know how to fix it my suspicion is the graphics card but I'm really not sure. So basically I have been getting bluescreens for over a whole year and I've...
  10. Activation Error after 2 years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Error after 2 years: I've got a problem with my windows license key. I don't have one because i bought my pc few years ago so i probably throwed it away. Now after around 2.5 years my pc shows me a communicate "Your windows is not activated, go to settings..." but i can't do anything without a...