Windows 10: Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

Discus and support Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve just started my computer so there may be other issues that I haven’t seen yet. So far it’s just minor inconveniences but this has never happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0ther-account, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

I’ve just started my computer so there may be other issues that I haven’t seen yet. So far it’s just minor inconveniences but this has never happened before so I’m not sure if this is like a virus or something bad. Has anyone else had this happen?

submitted by /u/0ther-account
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0ther-account, Oct 14, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original... :)

terrace, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Taskbar screen saver shortcut

Hello Ozzie,

Normally, it will only allow you to create a shortcut on your desktop but not in your Taskbar. To assist you with your concern, you can follow these steps to circumvent it:

• Send the screensaver shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click on the screensaver shortcut and click-on properties.
    • Paste the following information in the Target option under Shortcut C:\Windows\explorer.exe "C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr"
    • Hit Apply.
    • Hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original...

1. Over half of the shortcuts on my desktop are gone, screensaver was changed back to original... - Similar Threads - half shortcuts desktop

2. over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...: Why is microsoft putting out bad updates that effect so many people? Do they not try them out befor inflicting us with these updates? After my computor restarted this morning, most of my desktop icons for various folders, games, pdfs and links are gone. Not all but over half...
  3. over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    over half of my desktop icons are gone and not recoverable after this latest update. I will...: Why is microsoft putting out bad updates that effect so many people? Do they not try them out befor inflicting us with these updates? After my computor restarted this morning, most of my desktop icons for various folders, games, pdfs and links are gone. Not all but over half...
  4. Shortcuts to change desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts to change desktops: Ctrl + Win + arrow keys right and left used to switch desktops. Now they are behaving like Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys used to behave. Is this another Microsoft "improvement"? I believe this new behavior arrived with the latest update....
  5. Shortcuts to change desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts to change desktops: Ctrl + Win + arrow keys right and left used to switch desktops. Now they are behaving like Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys used to behave. Is this another Microsoft "improvement"? I believe this new behavior arrived with the latest update....
  6. Changing my screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing my screensaver: The Appearance and Personalisation tab seems to have disappeared from my Control Panel. Now I cannot find how to change my screensaver photos. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-screensaver/2dffbbf6-5e23-4b9d-a0b8-e7b29874893c
  7. Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop shortcut icons gone on laptop: Worked on my laptop yesterday, all good. Turned on this morning and ALL my desktop shortcut files, GONE. Can someone help me troubleshoot, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-shortcut-icons-gone-on-laptop/48a04e93-647a-43ee-a635-7f2fb7cc63e8
  8. want my desktop icons back to original way

in Windows 10 Customization
    want my desktop icons back to original way: We had an outage problem in our area and everything was cut off. When it came back on my desktop icons were gone . There are some things that are on right side where icons use to be. But not in same order and some are gone also. How can I get them back in their...
  9. Win10 screensaver- origin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 screensaver- origin?: I'm looking at a Windows-supplied screen image of a grey rockface, with two climbers dwarfed by the scale. I'd really like to know the climb/mountain/ whereabouts..... Google Images can't help. 85043
  10. Screensaver shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver shortcut: Could you show me a simple way to create a shortcut for screensaver so i don`t have to search for it? Windows updates mess with the computer, change things hard to find.*Smile 103188