Windows 10: Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up

Discus and support Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all! I hope you’re having a great day. Anyways, I need some help. For whatever reason it may be, my computer has been acting up recently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mvple, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Mvple Win User

Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up

Hi all! I hope you’re having a great day. Anyways, I need some help. For whatever reason it may be, my computer has been acting up recently. Apparently, if I have a bunch of tabs open / programs, my monitor flickers and an error sound plays. Most of the time I get errors (the ones with 0x) and ones telling me to terminate the program. It may be memory, but thing is this has never happened before. The computer also has a storage of almost 1 TB, and it’s not even close to being full. I have 8GB of ram, and it has worked fine for me before. No issues, just smooth fast computer. Just recently the computer keeps flickering, and it’s just laggier in general. Is it corrupted files? I don’t know. Is it memory..? Is it a virus? In any case, I need some help please. Thank you!

:)

Mvple, Sep 20, 2019

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 20, 2019
  3. JATownes Win User
    Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up

Help with heat sink thermal paste for h100i 1800x

Use the paste you brought. Also I would have suggest artic x4 unless yours is better but yes use yours.

Actually check the temp with the factory standard factory paste first and list the temps

SanityGaming, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up

1. Over the past weeks, my computer has been acting up - Similar Threads - past weeks computer

2. internet has been awful only for me for the past 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet has been awful only for me for the past 2 weeks: Hello, I have had the worst internet for the past 2 weeks and its driving me insane. Context, I am living in a household with one shared connection, and my internet has been awful just for me recently. I had nothing new installed when it happened, and has been constant for a...
  3. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  4. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  5. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My Windows 10 has been acting up lately.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 has been acting up lately.: It will randomly bring up disk read/write errors, randomly have to check system files on bootup, and most egregiously it has started up in 1280x1024 just today when I never set it to. I'm quite concerned, considering I've used this PC not that long, it shouldn't be doing any...
  7. BSOD Various over the Past Week

BSOD Various over the Past Week: I have reinstalled Windows and verified all drivers are updated. These are the latest two dump files. Previous dump files are gone due to Win reinstall. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auo0uRG4HLVBiNE6IRe7aQT9ulmtlw?e=KDLFnt Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1e...
  8. Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.

Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.: Hello. Several BSODs over the past few weeks. It *seems* related to connecting an MP3 player via USB port to transfer files. In any case I've attached the V2 log collection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) 173323
  9. PC has been blue screening consistently for the past week

PC has been blue screening consistently for the past week: Hi, recently my Windows 10 computer has been completely and utterly unusable due to many different blue screen errors. I have no idea what could cause it due to the stock codes being different pretty much every time. Most of them are System_Service_Exception, but others...
  10. Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only: Over the past week, windows has been mysteriously making my entire documents folder read only. I noticed this first because suddenly my Fallout4 game couldn't save. It simply collapsed as soon as save game was attempted. I tracked this down to the my games folder being...