Windows 10: Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks..

Discus and support Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Netflix is fine, but no sound notifications for email or when I plug in a USB device, or any other notification... Thank you very much, NTNT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NecTemereNecTimide, May 17, 2020.

1. Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks..

Netflix is fine, but no sound notifications for email or when I plug in a USB device, or any other notification...

Thank you very much,

NTNT

:)

NecTemereNecTimide, May 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 17, 2020
  3. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, May 17, 2020
  4. Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks..

Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks..

1. Over the top installation seems fine but I lost my sound for Windows tasks.. - Similar Threads - top installation seems

2. i lost my lab top computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i lost my lab top computer: i lost my lab top computer, and i should close the microsoft account on that lab top. how can I close the accont? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-lab-top-computer/380630ec-1122-477d-bb53-a50bd58abfb8
  3. i lost my lab top computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i lost my lab top computer: i lost my lab top computer, and i should close the microsoft account on that lab top. how can I close the accont? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-lab-top-computer/380630ec-1122-477d-bb53-a50bd58abfb8
  4. i lost my lab top computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I lost my touchpad and sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my touchpad and sounds: Hello, i have a question regarding to asus tat100 laptop. my touchpad and audio sounds is not coming. What do i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-touchpad-and-sounds/7b536eae-77ad-4829-bdca-de6e18f6bb62
  6. I lost my touchpad and sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I lost my touchpad and sounds: Hello, i have a question regarding to asus tat100 laptop. my touchpad and audio sounds is not coming. What do i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-touchpad-and-sounds/7b536eae-77ad-4829-bdca-de6e18f6bb62
  7. I lost my touchpad and sounds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my touchpad and sounds: Hello, i have a question regarding to asus tat100 laptop. my touchpad and audio sounds is not coming. What do i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-lost-my-touchpad-and-sounds/7b536eae-77ad-4829-bdca-de6e18f6bb62
  8. I seem to have lost my touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...
  9. Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Install Seems Huge, Over 70GB: I've got a relatively new 10 install, not many programs and no personal files. I've used it a little to clone some drives and test video cards and that's it. Despite that it is taking up 74GB on the C drive! I've taken a look to find if there is anything obvious like an old...
  10. DVD install seems to work fine..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD install seems to work fine..: Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional. I was a little disappointed to see they are still using the Microsoft standard size Recovery and EFI system partitions, 300 MB and 100 MB...