Windows 10: Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives?

Discus and support Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Is it possible, over WiFi, to set up two PCs that can read/write to each other's C: drives? If so how can I achieve that? EDIT: To get clear,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ship69, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ship69 Win User

Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives?

Hello

Is it possible, over WiFi, to set up two PCs that can read/write to each other's C: drives?
    If so how can I achieve that?

EDIT: To get clear, my main desktop PC is connected to my Virgin Media router by Ethernet. However my laptop PC is connected by WiFi. I want to be able to synchronize my data folder on my two PCs.

Many thanks

J

:)

ship69, Sep 24, 2018

2. recommended read/write drives

hello forum. first time pc builder here. i was hoping that the forum members could offer some recommendations as to a read/write disk drive. you know for installing software and saving date and on read and writeable disks. i would like one that can do reading, writing, reproducing (burning) etc. i would like a brand that the forum members think is reliable and handles all the different media types that disks come in. thanks very much for your assistance.

arm and hand, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 24, 2018
  4. RonBarker Win User

Can't find the C drive in Windows 10

All the suggestions above work, however, the easiest way to find C Drive is to type>This PC in the search box>Right click on>This PC and choose pin to taskbar. The hiding of C Drive and other Drives is another one of Microsoft's one-step forward and three-steps
    back.

RonBarker, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Over WiFi, how can two PCs to read/write each other's C: drives? - Similar Threads - WiFi PCs read

2. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  3. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  6. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  7. Why can some devices not see each other over the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can some devices not see each other over the network: Hi, I am trying to file share over multiple pcs and laptops, and they all have the same 'advanced sharing settings', but it is random which devices they can see, there are 3 I want to connect together, all running latest windows and using the same network set to private, one...
  8. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  9. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...
  10. Can read but not write on shared folder

Can read but not write on shared folder: Hello, I have a network of computers in my office running on windows 7 and one main computer running on windows 10. I have a folder shared on my windows 10 pc and i can access this folder on all computers on my network. I can read but not write on this shared folder on my...