Windows 10: Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times.

Discus and support Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Surface Pro 6 8 gb ram 128gb SSD i5-8250 CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz 64-bit x64-based processor Windows Specs: Edition: Windows 10 Home Model:1796... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DannyDZimmermann, May 30, 2019.

1. Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times.

Surface Pro 6

8 gb ram

128gb SSD

i5-8250 CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz

64-bit x64-based processor

Windows Specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Model:1796

Version: 1903

Installed on 4/23/19

OS Build: 18362.145

Should my computer be slow in response times when opening apps? Should I feel I have a latency in how internet works or apps? Should I be having a general not so snappy experience with this Windows Experience?

I gotta just be honest the way this computer looks is far better than the way it performs. I may be wrong and am ok with that. That's why I am here to ask these questions.

I will put in the work - If you could, suggest what are some things that often has to be done but maybe doesn't really want to be mentioned?

Do I need to repair apps?

Do I need to back up and reinstall?

Do I need to delete certain things?

Must I Upgrade to windows PRO?

Any information shared would be appreciated - it would help so I can enjoy the computer because as of right now I am not able to have a snappy workflow and it causes me to move the other OS!

:)

DannyDZimmermann, May 30, 2019

2. QUICK question from a first time computer builder

Please take a quick look at my guide, it helps to have step-by-step instructions for first time building (with pictures!).

zekrahminator, May 30, 2019
  3. Slow Response On Right Click

Hi Bruceneo,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; what is the make and model of your computer?

As per your query, I suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instruction.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 30, 2019
  4. Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times.

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times.

1. Overall computer is slow and fails to have quick response times. - Similar Threads - Overall computer slow

2. Start menu slow response time and unable to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu slow response time and unable to search: This morning after booting up my machine I clicked the windows button and started to type in the name of the application I wanted to open only for the search bar not to respond. When I click on the search bar the start menu closes entirely.While trying to resolve this issue I...
  3. Very very slow response time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very very slow response time: My dell Optiplex seems like it's unresponsive and sticking any suggestions?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-very-slow-response-time/291cdece-fd8f-4482-8966-1a4498db8542
  4. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  5. SLOW RESPONSE

in Windows 10 Customization
    SLOW RESPONSE: My PC has been slowing down for a while now, I can open a browser and wait for minutes for it to load the same applies to other applications AND I HAVE THE UPDATED WINDOWS 10. I have done disk cleanups, changed advanced settings but still nothing can I be helped?...
  6. Charmap is having extremely slow response

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charmap is having extremely slow response: I recently upgraded my computer with a new MOBO, CPU, and video card. This forced me to pay to purchase a Win10 license, even though I already had Win10. So, now I've got: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18363 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 MSI Performance Gaming AMD...
  7. Slow or non responsive computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow or non responsive computer: Click on a link and nothing happens. App like Scatter hold up poker doesn't boot, or very slowly boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-or-non-responsive-computer/a61738d5-2bac-4f66-b097-8a079a42e49d
  8. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: Entering into the game works prefect; however once selections are made and the game begins, response time is impossible. Clicking onto a number called, or the thermostat climbing and clicking onto it is the problem. Is there a solution to this issue?...
  9. Slow Response Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response Time: The response time for this game isn't working as it should. When I click my mouse for example to select a number that has been called it does not respond or light up. Also the bonus prompts time is slow. Can you resolve this issue for me?...
  10. Windows 10 response time is very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 response time is very Slow: Hi, I'm using a Lenovo L440 inter Core i5 4 GB ram system. From yesterday suddenly my system has become very slow and its not responding as it used to be. If anyone could help me to find out the reason behind it and how to resolve it then that would be very helpful....