Windows 10: Overclock shows in bios but not in windows.

Discus and support Overclock shows in bios but not in windows. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so i reinstalled windows due to a bootloop issue. Anyways i got a program called quickcpu and unparked the cpu cores like i always do and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Table Guy, May 10, 2020.

1. Table Guy Win User

Overclock shows in bios but not in windows.

Hello, so i reinstalled windows due to a bootloop issue. Anyways i got a program called quickcpu and unparked the cpu cores like i always do and overclocked it to 3.8 ghz. My cpu is an athlon II x3 455, base speed is 3.3 ghz. When windows booted i realized that task manager says its base speed and quick cpu says the current clock is 3.8 and realtime frequency is 3.3. The performance in games showed me that it was indeed 3.3 ghz. I reset the cmos but to no avail even i overclocked it again it didnt show in windows. This overclock is essential to me as i have very low end hardware and it makes a massive difference in games.

:)

Table Guy, May 10, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 10, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 10, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

1809 update disable x99 overclock.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Broadwell e overclock was disabled after the Windows update. However few of our customers were able to resolve the issue by uninstalling the update.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the update.

1. Press Windows logo key + R to open
      Run.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl
      and click on OK.
    3. Click on View installed updates.
    4. Search for the update (KB4100347), right on it and select
      uninstall.
    5. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.

As the issue is related with the overclocking, I suggest you to wait for the manufacturer of the motherboard to support with the issue, as you have already contacted them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Overclock shows in bios but not in windows. - Similar Threads - Overclock shows bios

2. Overclocking CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overclocking CPU: HiI have major issue with my laptop RN. I wrote abotu problems with WHEA error, but now I think it's overcloacking :/ I didn't do anything and I'm not really sure how it happend. Can someone tell me if it is overclocking?...
  3. Overclocking Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overclocking Failed: I have an older computer with Win 10, I had someone update the Bios I think maybe two years ago and it's been running very well.I hope this is an easy fix! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overclocking-failed/9b5e1103-0148-4a15-b0ac-dbc5b71c5845
  4. Overclocking laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overclocking laptop: I got the brilliant idea of overclocking my laptop. I know I will risk the lifespan of my laptop and heat problems. How do I overclock my laptop? I have a AMD Athlon 300U.What should I do if I have overclocked it too much and the system is unstable How to revert it back?...
  5. Overclocking laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overclocking laptop: I got the brilliant idea of overclocking my laptop. I know I will risk the lifespan of my laptop and heat problems. How do I overclock my laptop? I have a AMD Athlon 300U.What should I do if I have overclocked it too much and the system is unstable How to revert it back?...
  6. Overclocking Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overclocking Windows 10?: So I just got my pc checked to the warranty service because of the CPU overheating under 25% usage. They said the problem was I overclocked windows 10 and they have to reset the values or reset windows. sounds like bullshit submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link]...
  7. Overclock with windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overclock with windows 10: Hi,I have a Asrock h81m--VG4 R2.0 and i want overclock my i5 4770k,i have windows 10,i can overclock without problems? i dont have the option for overclock in my mother :( submitted by /u/ZephyraScarlet [link] [comments]...
  8. overclocking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    overclocking: hello i have a asus laptop with model: S550CA processor: intel{r} Core {TM}i5-3337U @1.80GHz 1.80GHz Memory: at this moment 4GB touch support 10 Touch Points Hdd 700GB My question is i read that i can overclock this cpu from 1.80GHz to @2.80GHz does anyone have some usefull...
  9. To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...

in Windows 10 Support
    To overclock or not to overclock, that is the question...: Hello all, I have recently bought a gaming desktop pc 2nd hand, I have had laptops in the past and came to the conclusion that desktop is the way to go if I want to game. Specs are below; EVGA Hadron Air Mini-ITX I5 4690k 3.50GHz 16gb DDR3 666MHz ASUSTeK Z971-PLUS NVIDIA...
  10. OverClocking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OverClocking: What is meant by overclocking and what does it do? 118400