Windows 10: Overheating during update windows 1903

Discus and support Overheating during update windows 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello My computer is a Acer aspire v3-571G. It ´s an old model but it ´s useful for my family. The processor is Intel Core i3-3110M. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Antonio_627, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Overheating during update windows 1903

Hello

My computer is a Acer aspire v3-571G. It ´s an old model but it ´s useful for my family. The processor is Intel Core i3-3110M.

The problem is that I´ve been trying to update it to W10 1903 without success. I downloaded the new update with "Asistente para la actualizacion", and I choose to update, and when it was updating after reseting , it was switched off with 0% done (the laptop was really hot where the processor is). I´ve trying several times, and in the last 2 attemps what I did was to download the update, and choose to install later. I swtiched the computer off and I restarted it during the night outdoors(here the temperatura during night now is 3 º C) and i could get about 20% of the update process but the computer again was switched off. I switched it on and the previous configuration was restored and i have to start again. The processor is again heating.

I don't know what to do to update to W10 1903 and i don´t know if this update could be a problem in future althought the installation process says that the computer is prepared for W10 1903. A few years I´ve got a similar problem to reinstall W10 and I did it during the night outdoors for the temperature and it worked.

I thought in 3 possibles:

1 - How can I continuos the update from the point that the computer was doing it after it was switched off? is is possible?

2 - Install a SSD disk. I don´t know how to install here my W10 License and if this could mend the problem.I would but a internal SSD and i would connect as if it was an external disk but how can i install here w10 and this could allow me to install the Opearing System(same processor so maybe would be hot again).

3 - Unmount the HD and do the update usng another laptop with better processor. I would connect my HD as an extenal unit and later i would do the update, but i don´t know how to do that. the processor is much better. Later I would install the HD in its laptop.

The 1st option is the cheapest one but i don´t know if it is possible. the 2nd one is the expensive one(i need a SSD disk and an external case for the SSD disk) and i imagine the computer would work better and 3nd it is not really expensive but I would have the same computer.

I would like to know if it is possible to do the 1st and if not, how to do the 2nd or 3rd option.

Another solution?

Thank you,

:)

Antonio_627, Nov 10, 2019
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Eramas Win User
    Laptop overheating after 1903 update

Hey.

After my Windows 10 updated to 1903 I experience overheating in all games to the point where my laptop simply shuts down. It never happened before 1903 and I've been using this laptop for many, many years. Even when I'm watching YouTube or Twitch the temperatures
    are really high and I can hear the fans being really loud. Unfortunately I can't go back to 1809 since the 10 day period expired. I'd be grateful for any advice, I am out of ideas.

Eramas, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Overheating during update windows 1903

Windows 1903 overheating issue

I updated to windows 1903 about a week ago and my PC has been a bit laggy.(i7 8750h w/ RTX 2060) I didn't care a lot until today, when my CPU started overheating and instead of running at 40-45 degrees Celcius it started running at 60 a normal stuff such
    as web browsing. Has anybody been noticing this as well? This could be a hardware or software issue I am not sure.

Thodoris Efstathiou, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Overheating during update windows 1903

1. Overheating during update windows 1903 - Similar Threads - Overheating during update

2. Overheating During Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overheating During Windows Updates: Hello,I am an IT manager at a medium sized organization. Multiple Workstations between Dell Optiplex 4 each, HP both full sized and laptops and a Surface Pro 7 have locked up and over heated during the reboot phase of an update. Also, my PERSONAL laptop for a separate...
  3. Overheating During Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overheating During Windows Updates: Hello,I am an IT manager at a medium sized organization. Multiple Workstations between Dell Optiplex 4 each, HP both full sized and laptops and a Surface Pro 7 have locked up and over heated during the reboot phase of an update. Also, my PERSONAL laptop for a separate...
  4. Bluescreen during Windows Update to Build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen during Windows Update to Build 1903: Hello, My laptop is running build 1703 and I tried to run Windows Update to get it to 1903. During the update, a blue screen occurred. The error is: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILED. So I performed "sfc /scannow" in an Admin console, and found 9 corrupted files belong to...
  5. Windows 10 update 1903 freezes during install

Windows 10 update 1903 freezes during install: Hello. I've been wanting to get my old laptop up and running smoothly in case my current one decides to die. I tried updating to the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) but it kept freezing at 48%. I've tried many things to get it working again. The update goes well up until...
  6. Windows 1903 overheating issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 overheating issue: I updated to windows 1903 about a week ago and my PC has been a bit laggy.(i7 8750h w/ RTX 2060) I didn't care a lot until today, when my CPU started overheating and instead of running at 40-45 degrees Celcius it started running at 60 a normal stuff such as web browsing. Has...
  7. Laptop overheating after 1903 update

Laptop overheating after 1903 update: Hey. After my Windows 10 updated to 1903 I experience overheating in all games to the point where my laptop simply shuts down. It never happened before 1903 and I've been using this laptop for many, many years. Even when I'm watching YouTube or Twitch the temperatures are...
  8. Shutdown during updating to version 1903

Shutdown during updating to version 1903: Hello, My computer keeps shutting down while I'm trying to update to Windows version 1903. It is performing shutdown while the progress on the blue screen is at 48%. Shortly before that it pops up a small window, but it's too briefly to read. After turning it back on, it...
  9. Windows update version 1903 PC overheating and crash

Windows update version 1903 PC overheating and crash: While updating to Windows 1903, Toshiba Satellite repeatedly used it's fan to cool. The update completed and appeared to work ok. But following day slow to start up and after inputting sign-on continously clocked (maybe 10 minutes) then apps appeared in task bar but wouldnt...
  10. Windows 10 (1903) May update causes overheating Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 (1903) May update causes overheating Surface Pro 4: When I update to the May update (1903) and update the Intel drivers (automatically) the Surface Pro 4 is getting very hot. This results in stripes on screen and hardware failures. The Surface is shutting down. I rollback to Windows 10 (1809) so the Intel drivers are also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my laptop overheating when trying to install Windows update

2. surface pro 4 overheating 1903