Windows 10: overlay on notification icon

Discus and support overlay on notification icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Jan 4, 2017.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

overlay on notification icon

Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511

overlay on  notification icon [​IMG]

Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared.

As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was. I might have responded to an alarm with 'go away and have a snooze for 10 minutes', so maybe it was telling me 'there is a pending alarm'. If that's what it was then it should have had something in the Action Centre pop-out to that effect.

Bloody programmers, too much focus on the glitz and glamour, rather than on the bread and butter *Rolleyes

:)

2. My status icons are not showing for Mozy, and I want them to show ...

My status icons are not showing for Mozy, and I want them to show. Can you walk me through how to edit the registry (or anywhere else) so I can make my Mozy icons show? Thank you!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

ShelllconOverlayIdentifiers

GoogleDriveBlacklisted

GoogleDriveSynced

GoogleDriveSyncing

OneDrive1

OneDrive2

OneDrive3

OneDrive4

OneDrive5

OneDrive6

EnhancedStorageShell

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2.5

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4

Mozy

Mozy 2

Mozy 3

Offline Files

StephanieTG, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 4, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

telepro21, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. overlay on notification icon - Similar Threads - overlay notification icon

2. Edge overlay on image icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge overlay on image icons: Hi.In windows explorer, some JPG images not all have the microsoft edge logo in the bottom right.Why? Why would anyone want to see that? genuine question what possible functions does it serve?But asides from that GPT tells me its because edge is set as default for images....
  3. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  4. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  5. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to move OneDrive icon overlay not to hide Shortcut overlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move OneDrive icon overlay not to hide Shortcut overlay?: I'd like to uniquely identify the shortcuts vs actual files. Until OneDrive, the small arrow overlay was helpful. Now the OneDrive 'sync status' is overlaid on top so every icon looks the same.Is there a solution?...
  7. How to move OneDrive icon overlay not to hide Shortcut overlay?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move OneDrive icon overlay not to hide Shortcut overlay?: I'd like to uniquely identify the shortcuts vs actual files. Until OneDrive, the small arrow overlay was helpful. Now the OneDrive 'sync status' is overlaid on top so every icon looks the same.Is there a solution?...
  8. How to move OneDrive icon overlay not to hide Shortcut overlay?

9. Random icon overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random icon overlays: I'm using just a very simple desktop which I've configured to look like Windows XP, so it is not complicated. I use shortcuts on my desktop and they should be showing an overlay a little northeast arrow indicating the icon is a shortcut. A few times daily, randomly, it...
  10. OneDrive overlay on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive overlay on desktop icons: I have some - not all - desktop icons that have what I think is the OneDrive overlay on them, a white circle with a tick. And, I'd like to remove the overlay. I know there are techniques for doing that, I'm just wondering why they're so hard to get rid of. The icons are all...