Windows 10: overlay on notification icon

Discus and support overlay on notification icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pjd, Jan 4, 2017.

1. PJD
    pjd Win User

overlay on notification icon

Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511

overlay on  notification icon [​IMG]

Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared.

As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was. I might have responded to an alarm with 'go away and have a snooze for 10 minutes', so maybe it was telling me 'there is a pending alarm'. If that's what it was then it should have had something in the Action Centre pop-out to that effect.

Bloody programmers, too much focus on the glitz and glamour, rather than on the bread and butter *Rolleyes

:)

2. My status icons are not showing for Mozy, and I want them to show ...

My status icons are not showing for Mozy, and I want them to show. Can you walk me through how to edit the registry (or anywhere else) so I can make my Mozy icons show? Thank you!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

ShelllconOverlayIdentifiers

GoogleDriveBlacklisted

GoogleDriveSynced

GoogleDriveSyncing

OneDrive1

OneDrive2

OneDrive3

OneDrive4

OneDrive5

OneDrive6

EnhancedStorageShell

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 1

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 2.5

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 3

Groove Explorer Icon Overlay 4

Mozy

Mozy 2

Mozy 3

Offline Files

StephanieTG, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 4, 2017
  4. telepro21 Win User

telepro21, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. overlay on notification icon - Similar Threads - overlay notification icon

2. notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    notification icon: After a windows 10 update, I can't figure out how to get the speech bubble notification icon to show up on toolbar in right bottom corner. If I swipe up from corner it appears, but I'd like to have the bubble back. 137108
  3. Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer: Can anyone help me remove the icon overlays in Windows Explorer Extra Large Icon view (see image)? I'm a photographer, and find these overlays extremely annoying when searching images. Every search I've done points to syncing and OneDrive, and although I have one drive...
  4. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc: Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install. In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well. I have checked under 'show...
  5. overlay

overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...
  6. PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail

PNG Icon overlays the video files thumbnail: Hi all, Well, I have been researching in this (and other forums) and I still can't fix this. Actually in my Windows 10 there is a PNG icon overlaying the thumbnail of video files. This happened after I just tried to change the default icon of VLC player, but now, all the...
  7. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark
  8. Change tray icon info/overlay text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change tray icon info/overlay text: Hello, when you put the mouse cursor over a tray icon, some text is displayed, which is most often the name of that icon's app. What kind of app/editor would let you change it? 63588
  9. Lockscreen Icons/Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockscreen Icons/Notifications: Hi there. I find an oddity on my Windows 10 lockcreen. It shows an opened envelope at the bottom left, along with a number that seems to increase. It drives me crazy. Right now it's 99+. In my inbox online there are only 2 messages. There is nothing in any of the other...
  10. Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon overlay limit in windows 10?: As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10? Reference: Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons 7177