Windows 10: Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

Discus and support Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The symptom is as follows: checking "Devices," Printers Scanners", for one, the HP 110 Envy, I see "Attention Required." The printer is checked, found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Curmudgeon10, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

The symptom is as follows: checking "Devices," Printers Scanners", for one, the HP 110 Envy, I see "Attention Required." The printer is checked, found to be online, connected to the strongest WiFi signal in my home network, the same one the PC is connected to. I cycle power on the printer, and "Reset to Factory Defaults." I attempt to print a job from the PC, but the job never prints. I cancel the job, and then return to Devices, Printers and Scanners, and delete the HP 110 Envy. Once it is deleted, I "Add Device Printer" and Windows 10 finds the HP 110 Envy, and connects, reporting "Ready" underneath the HP 110 Envy in the list of devices.

Once you send a print job to the printer, again it does not print. Returning to "Device/Printers and Scanners" instead of "Ready," now you find "Attention Required."

If you run the Troubleshooter, all it does is tell you to make the Printer at issue the Default Printer. This has no effect on this problem.

WiFi connectivity with the PC is fine. This problem the same with PC/Printers connected to either WiFi network servicing my office. Baffling!

:)

Curmudgeon10, Feb 24, 2020

2. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it

disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes offline.

On the Internet Access popup (from the task bar), the printer is listed with the word "Open" and a warning about "People might be able to see data sent over this network".

It seems like a setup error but none of the troubleshooters are any help and neither is the printer setup options. Can you offer any suggestions?

regards,

andrew

OneAndrew9, Feb 24, 2020
  3. RokeW Win User
    Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

1. Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network - Similar Threads - Overnight WiFi Printers

2. Monitor won’t connect to Surface Pro 3 overnight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor won’t connect to Surface Pro 3 overnight?: Hey there, So last night I had my Acer monitor connected to my Surface Pro 3 through an HDMI to display port adapter and it was working perfectly fine. This morning when I went to go on my laptop the monitor is on but it says “No signal” I am currently updating my windows...
  3. printer wifi connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    printer wifi connectivity: I have a hp deskjet 3752 and for some reason i cannot get my printer back online with my computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wifi-connectivity/5586cdfc-f386-4bd6-a00c-ae349769dab4
  4. connect wifi to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect wifi to printer: cannot connect to wifi Brother printer home user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-wifi-to-printer/b6f36e84-5083-42ab-ac42-8c1739a69fee
  5. Laptop no longer connects to printers

Laptop no longer connects to printers: Hi My wife's laptop has been acting up for a while. If it connects up to a printer, wi-fi or cable, it would not always recognize a printer. We just got a new printer and it would not recognize that printer, again wi-fi or cable. What's more, it would not see another wi-fi...
  6. Printer will not connect to wifi network.

Printer will not connect to wifi network.: The printer was working fine until one day a WiFi Thermostat was installed. Since that day, if I attempt to get the printer to connect, it disconnects the computer's WiFi and the printer connects and prints with the apps. If I re-enable the computer WiFi, the printer goes...
  7. Connect to wifi printer

Connect to wifi printer: My new computer will not find the printer on the wifi (even after I gave it the IP address). My other computers and mobile devices find it but not this computer. This computer is connected to my wifi and the internet works fine. So I assume there must be a setting somewhere...
  8. WiFi Printer Connectivity

WiFi Printer Connectivity: Here's the issue: PC is Dell Inspiron N7010, upgraded to WIN 10 Everything worked fine until HDD corrupted. Replaced HDD and and reinstalled WIN 10 and all latest upgrades. Now WiFi O.K. and have Internet access. Ping gateway O.K.;ping other PC on network O.K.; ping other...
  9. connect printer to wifi

connect printer to wifi: how do I connect canon pixma mg3050 to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-printer-to-wifi/94be3e6b-87ee-4b9f-9196-32b25f3f4598
  10. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working: Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is...