Windows 10: Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

Discus and support Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Oh dear. Windows spent hours updating my system overnight and I find that "Access is denied" to all my Office 365 Word files. I can access Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DuncanOgilvie1, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

Oh dear. Windows spent hours updating my system overnight and I find that "Access is denied" to all my Office 365 Word files. I can access Word itself OK. Help, what should I do please?

:)

DuncanOgilvie1, Jul 30, 2019

2. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jul 30, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Denied access to files

Ok I got a pc in from a friend and he wants me to fix it, it doesn't boot up properly so I was thinking reinstall windows but first I have to save all his songs and crap. First problem it denies me access to the files on his HDD when it is hooked up to my pc .... damn. Second problem is that it is a very, very old pc nforce 2 chipset and I can't ID the board so I can't get the drivers. It won't turn on so I can't check it that way any ideas.

DrPepper, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

Denied access to files

Nforce2 > nvidia.com. There you find drivers.

As for accessing files, take ownership.

DanTheBanjoman, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files

1. Overnight "Access is denied" to all my Word files - Similar Threads - Overnight Access denied

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. All USB drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB drive access denied: I've tried to use all 3 USB ports with various USB storage drives and all resulted the same error:"D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied."As I check the security properties in Advanced, it's showing:"You do not have permission to view or edit this object’s permission...
  5. My disk C all access are denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My disk C all access are denied: disk C all access are denied and now I can't access to any setting and applicatios. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-c-all-access-are-denied/ca954ee7-4ac4-4d0b-8f29-c92ac96b44ee
  6. Access denied on nearly all programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on nearly all programs: I have a custom build windows 10 rig, and I've had it since november of 2021, recently I've had error messages stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." whenever I would try to install...
  7. All drives access denied

All drives access denied: Hi I have a very frustrating problem. I have been trying to find answers online but nothing seems to work.I created an account for a friend to use my laptop and wanted to restrict their access to C.In doing so I have, somehow restricted my own access. I am the administrator...
  8. File Access Denied

File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  9. denied access to my files

denied access to my files: What are the crosses that deny access to my files in explorer. How do I get rid of them so that I can open my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-access-to-my-files/b9b8317e-8ffc-4602-ad09-8d464d219189
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deny overnight access