Windows 10: Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

Discus and support Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Crizal, May 10, 2018.

1. Crizal Win User

Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

Just wondering if anyone has a Win10 desktop that actually wakes up overnight, does automatic maintenance and then goes back to sleep. My PC has never done it. Auto maintenance does run if I stop using my computer and let it idle.

According to Microsoft, if one uses the default hybrid sleep power setting, auto maintenance should run at 2AM without the need for any user intervention. I'm using that -- display off in 10 minutes, hybrid sleep in 20 minutes, hibernation off and wake timers enabled. In System and Maintenance, the box is checked to allow the computer to wake up at 2AM.

"Powercfg -wake timers" shows no active wake timers enabled on my system. In Task Scheduler, checking conditions for maintenance, defrag and Windows Defender, all of the boxes to wake the computer to run the task are unchecked by default. MS says I shouldn't need to touch those. I tried a test enabling them and still no active wake timers or overnight maintenance.

I know I can create customized tasks, but I shouldn't have to. It's not the end of the world, but it would be a lot more convenient if it would work. I did check Brink's excellent tutorials on automatic maintenance and I appear to be doing everything correctly.

Any ideas or is this just another one of those strange Windows 10 things?

:)

Crizal, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs

1. Overnight Automatic Maintenance Never Runs - Similar Threads - Overnight Automatic Maintenance

2. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?: When I open my "Security and Maintenance", & click on: "Start maintenance", it continues to say: "Maintenance in progress" & never changes.Now after 2 days, Windows Maintenance keeps running when idle, the icon for maintenance stays in the taskbar even after hours, so I think...
  3. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?: When I open my "Security and Maintenance", & click on: "Start maintenance", it continues to say: "Maintenance in progress" & never changes.Now after 2 days, Windows Maintenance keeps running when idle, the icon for maintenance stays in the taskbar even after hours, so I think...
  4. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Automatic Maintenance keeps running multiple times a day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance keeps running multiple times a day: So its been roughly almost 2 weeks since I updated to 2004, and for some inexplicable reason the automatic maintenance has been running a simply abnormal number of times every time my laptop goes idle. It seems to differ day by day, but today alone Ive seen Disk Cleanup...
  6. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘: I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all...
  7. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  8. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance: [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says...
  9. Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10: How to: Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 How to Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This includes...
  10. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.