Windows 10: Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no...

Discus and support Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] This is what I get when I click on my desktop shortcuts. I would like to get my files back on my hard drive and get rid of OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HebeGB2, Apr 30, 2020.

1. HebeGB2 Win User

Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no...

Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no... [​IMG]

This is what I get when I click on my desktop shortcuts. I would like to get my files back on my hard drive and get rid of OneDrive

:)

HebeGB2, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Move Icon to Desktop

Hi Patricia,

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to move the Excel icon to your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

You can create an Excel desktop shortcut on your Windows 10 computer by referring to the steps provided in the article on this link.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no... [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. Rule-R Win User

Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no...

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Overnight, my computer moved several files to one drive, and my shortcuts on my desktop no... - Similar Threads - Overnight computer moved

2. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files from one drive to my computer?: How do I move files from one drive to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-files-from-one-drive-to-my-computer/a81c9f23-ee84-4b33-8def-8c6ae00cc1c4
  3. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move files from one drive to my computer?: How do I move files from one drive to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-files-from-one-drive-to-my-computer/a81c9f23-ee84-4b33-8def-8c6ae00cc1c4
  4. How do I move files from one drive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I cant move my pinned shortcuts to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant move my pinned shortcuts to my desktop: I cant drag my pinned shortcuts from start menu to my desktopIf i right click on the file location it does not give me the option of file location for exe shortcut because some of the apps do not have a location or its hidden or no option shown.such as xbox accessories, i use...
  6. I cant move my pinned shortcuts to my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant move my pinned shortcuts to my desktop: I cant drag my pinned shortcuts from start menu to my desktopIf i right click on the file location it does not give me the option of file location for exe shortcut because some of the apps do not have a location or its hidden or no option shown.such as xbox accessories, i use...
  7. My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My One Drive randomly deleted all my files on my Desktop: I was reading a story on Chrome, then minimized it, and when I did, image my surprise when almost every app besides Steam, Origin, GeForce Experience, & Recycle Bin, with my VERY IMPORTANT text files gone, and my folders deleted. Heck, even my Screenshots folder was somehow...
  8. One Drive Back Up moved my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Back Up moved my files: A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up-moved-my-files/a49114d4-7115-4466-9a95-bdf2f228bce1
  9. My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My "This PC" shortcut keeps moving on my desktop: [ATTACH] So I always make a "This PC" shortcut on my desktop and I always put it as the first shortcut on my desktop - https://preview.redd.it/47onhgx8ykz41.png?width=190&format=png&auto=webp&s=f71a1a8947ec2206ceca4cbc6036906df59cba57 But whenever I refresh my PC or just...
  10. One Drive destroyed my desktop and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One Drive destroyed my desktop and files: [ATTACH] I must have accidentally somehow selected to backup my entire computer to one drive and didn't even notice. Well I noticed when I was playing Rocket league and it was running very hot. I went and deselected the backup (after it was complete). I have no idea how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to provent onedrive to keep adding to my computer even after i unstall it