Windows 10: Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device

Discus and support Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 version H2O2. In the past, I would have headphones plugged into the headphones jack on my laptop where audio would play.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilippeCA, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device

I just upgraded to windows 10 version H2O2. In the past, I would have headphones plugged into the headphones jack on my laptop where audio would play. When I turned on my bluetooth headset, the audio would transfer to the bluetooth device and when I would turn off the bluetooth headset, the audio would transfer back to the headphones plugged into the jack. However, after the upgrade, if the headphone jack is plugged and I turn on my bluetooth device, it will no longer override the headphone jack. Only when I unplugged the headphone jack would audio come through the bluetooth audio device

:)

PhilippeCA, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Sep 1, 2021
  3. newuser0 Win User
    Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit.

Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device automatically when the headphones are connected to the Audio jack?

When the headphones are connected to the audio jack, a notification pops out in bottom right corner prompting:
    "Which device did you plug in?", with the Headphone highlighted. I have to then click "OK" to select it.

Is there a setting to make this automatic?

In Sound settings, under "Output device", I only see "Readltek(R) Audio" listed, even the headphones are connected.

Thanks.

newuser0, Sep 1, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi there
    problem might be if you are using an external monitor connected via HDMI with HDMI audio.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device

1. Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device - Similar Threads - Override audio connected

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  3. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device: I've recently purchased a pair of Lenovo PS-1551B-LE Bluetooth headphones which can connect to my phone just fine.But when I connect them to my laptop using Windows 10, it generates as a generic connected itemIs there a way I can Windows 10 to register them as audio device...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting but not registering as audio device

8. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  9. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.

Bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio.: When I try and connect my Bluedio headphones to my Windows 10 pc through a generic USB bluetooth connector everything goes as planned and the headphones connect and pair initially as an audio device and then jumps to "other device"...of course I am getting no sound. Device...