Windows 10: Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?

Discus and support Override TrustedInstaller ownership...? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Before Windows update, I disabled Cortana by entering "AllowCortana" with value '0' in Registry then renaming the Cortana folder in SystemApps.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GormTheOld, May 21, 2020.

1. Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?

Hi,

Before Windows update, I disabled Cortana by entering "AllowCortana" with value '0' in Registry then renaming the Cortana folder in SystemApps.

When doing the update I forgot the renaming of the folder, so now got two Cortana folders in SystemApps.

I have tried to get permission and taking ownership over 'TrustedInstaller' to delete the renamed old Cortana folder, but the things I have tried does not work. I have read a couple of guides, but it is clearly over my head.

Could someone please help me out.

Thanks

:)

GormTheOld, May 21, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Return Ownership of Files to TrustedInstaller

Some sites which may offer a solution:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-restore-trus...

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-restore-the-tru...

https://www.top-password.com/blog/change-file-o...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Time Lady, May 21, 2020
  3. Windows Modules Installer - Trusted Installer Ownership List

Can anyone tell me what folders "TrustedInstaller" should have ownership of by default in Windows 10 Home Edition?

To be more clear, is there a list of ownership folders for the TrustedInstallers account?

Shaun Johnson Worldwide, May 21, 2020
  4. Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?

Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Override TrustedInstaller ownership...?

1. Override TrustedInstaller ownership...? - Similar Threads - Override TrustedInstaller ownership

2. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller: i just miss clicked and just give ownership of local disk c to myself and not trustedinstaller or something and now my pc is janky AF is there anything i can do. i already tried with reseting it to factory reset using brand new option but it didnt work. i have brute force...
  3. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller: i just miss clicked and just give ownership of local disk c to myself and not trustedinstaller or something and now my pc is janky AF is there anything i can do. i already tried with reseting it to factory reset using brand new option but it didnt work. i have brute force...
  4. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership: So I'm running Windows 8.1 Enterprise and wanted to get windows 10 so I decided to change to try and change to windows 8,1 professional. However, when I tried to change the product key in Registry Editor, I required permission from TrustedInstaller. I decided to look up a...
  6. TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TrustedInstaller Access Denied when taking ownership: So I'm running Windows 8.1 Enterprise and wanted to get windows 10 so I decided to change to try and change to windows 8,1 professional. However, when I tried to change the product key in Registry Editor, I required permission from TrustedInstaller. I decided to look up a...
  7. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  8. How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender

How to change ownership away from TrustedInstaller for Windows Defender: I don't know how to change the ownership away from Trusted Installer to Admin for Windows Defender. I right-clicked on Windows Defender folder, click on properties, clicked on Security Tab, clicked on Advanced and click on Change next to Owner. Normally a window would pop up...
  9. Restoring TrustedInstaller ownership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring TrustedInstaller ownership: Long story short, I messed with the ownership of some system files and now Windows won’t boot. SFC and dism both fail. Safe mode won’t boot either. The only thing I can access is the command prompt on the automatic repair screen. Is there any way to restore the...
  10. Howto Restore the ownership of jscript.dll to the TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Howto Restore the ownership of jscript.dll to the TrustedInstaller?: Hi! I took the advice from the Trendmicro which they posted on 20th of January to prevent anyone abusing the IE vulnerability CVE-2020-0674. This is what I typed in as an adminstrator in a Powershell window: takeown /f c:\windows\syswow64\jscript.dll cacls...