Windows 10: Oversan on HDTV

Discus and support Oversan on HDTV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I only run an Intel i5k without a graphics card When using my SAMSUNG tv as my display, it cuts off the sides of the full display it should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by James47, Jan 8, 2016.

1. James47 Win User

Oversan on HDTV

I only run an Intel i5k without a graphics card

When using my SAMSUNG tv as my display, it cuts off the sides of the full display it should be showing.
    I have tried changing resolutions, ratios and looking through the tvs menu.
    the tv only seems to give me ratios of 16:9 and 4:3 but even with the small ratio of 4:3 it still cuts off the edge even though theres enough space

Help is greatly appreciated*Smile

:)

James47, Jan 8, 2016

2. Black screen after installation Windows 10

Hello,

Yes, I usually have an HDTV hooked up as a monitor, did here as well and forgot, and the needed screen was on my HDTV monitor. So, I had to turn on my HDTV, hit reset, and it booted to HDTV monitor. I had a similar problem in the past, and just unhook the HDTV
    connection and rebooted.I would call myself stupid, but I have concrete thinking from schizoaffective disorder (bipolar type) so that is my problem! Oversan on HDTV :)

The upgrade had to finish, I had to allow it to proceed, but afterwards both my screens worked.

ToorFogIAm, Jan 8, 2016
  3. playing video file to an HDTV and external speakers

craig - I agree, the is some programming in the operating system that does not allow both HDMI and speakers - I will defer to the software engineers that wrote this that there is a good reason for it - I can't see any though.

the ultimate solution is to play your computer into the HDTV via HDMI and use the audio out options on the back of the HDTV to drive the external speakers thru an amp. and if your HDTV does not have audio out then get a new HDTV.

thanks

phishfearme, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Oversan on HDTV

Do you have any settings on your tv for your individual outputs? ie can you goto for example HDMI 1 (or whatever input you use for your pc to tv) and set that input to PC? your problem is indeed overscan and this setting should give you 1:1 pixel mapping and solve your issue *Smile

Archie123, Jan 9, 2016
  5. batlhilz Win User
    your samsung has HDMI input that says (dvi/pc) below or something similar so use that, rest are for the video resolutions

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Oversan on HDTV

1. Oversan on HDTV - Similar Threads - Oversan HDTV

2. When pluging my HDTV, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop via USB C to VGA; USB not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When pluging my HDTV, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop via USB C to VGA; USB not...: I get this code, USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&4c209fd&0&16 whenpluging my hdtv, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop with a usb c to vga chord to use as a second monitor and it says that its not recognized. What can I do about this problem? I already unistalled, reinstalled,...
  3. When pluging my HDTV, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop via USB C to VGA; USB not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When pluging my HDTV, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop via USB C to VGA; USB not...: I get this code, USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&4c209fd&0&16 whenpluging my hdtv, Honeywell Autura television into my laptop with a usb c to vga chord to use as a second monitor and it says that its not recognized. What can I do about this problem? I already unistalled, reinstalled,...
  4. i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TiI plugged in the new 70" Roku HDTV and it showed on my Windows 11 that it was HDR capable, I turned it on and played FFXIV and Netflix with no problems in HDR. When i went...
  5. i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...

i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TiI plugged in the new 70" Roku HDTV and it showed on my Windows 11 that it was HDR capable, I turned it on and played FFXIV and Netflix with no problems in HDR. When i went...
  6. Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows registers HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  7. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  8. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input: I recently got a new PC, the Dell Optiplex 7050, that has the standard integrated Intel HD 530 graphics. I have it connected via HDMI to my HDTV, as I had done with my old PC, and the picture works fine with no issues. One thing I noticed, however, was that every time I would...
  9. Windows seems to register HDTV as a new device every time I turn it on or change source input

10. How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Resize Windows 10 Display Settings to Fit My HDTV monitor? I Know How.: Dear Fellow Frustrated Windows 10 Users:I figured out a way to get Windows 10 to fit my HDTV monitor. The solution is not in the Windows 10 Display. They irresponsibly left the resizing and repositioning controls out of the display settings. You will have to adjust the Aspect...