Windows 10: Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows

Discus and support Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am suddenly experiencing issues with HDR in windows, where the screen shifts to a broken oversaturated picture. I can trigger it by turning HDR on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonasLarsson5, May 12, 2021.

1. Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows

I am suddenly experiencing issues with HDR in windows, where the screen shifts to a broken oversaturated picture. I can trigger it by turning HDR on in windows and going in and out off the settings menu and it happens randomly in games. Sometimes I can play re8 for 40min before the screen shifts and the screen becomes oversaturated and blacks become grey, and sometimes it happens after 2 min. I am pretty sure the issue is on the PCs end since HDR works perfectly on my ps5 and series x. I am suspecting it is a software issue windows?, since I did not experience this issue months ago.

:)

JonasLarsson5, May 12, 2021
  2. sreekantt Win User

Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding

SWnYgWcKj2k

Pink Pixelation and banding in HDR Videos on my HDR TV (Even the preview video included in recent insiders build). Facing this on stable build also. I'm on latest Insider build, still the HDR playback isn't fixed since the Fall creators stable update. I experience all types pink pixelation on ground, sky and water which are moderately bright areas in a HDR video. TV completely supports HDR and it's a 10 bit panel. There's a lot of banding in sky. Tried various custom settings in Nvidia panel too but that doesn't help. In Netflix, pink moving pixilation goes on the face of Actors. For gods sake, demo video inbuilt for HDR in windows 10 also looks awful with banding and pink moving pixels in sky. Attached some screenshots and a video for reference. ***I played the same files on TV natively and it looks gorgeous with true HDR.

Hardware Used -
    Laptop - Acer Predator Helios 300
    Processor - Intel 7700HQ
    Graphics card - Nvidia 1050ti
    External Monitor- 10 bit TV - MI TV 4 - Pro calibrated, Full support for HDR 10, capable for Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0b, supports all chroma subsampling modes upto 4:4:4 12 bpc. Premium certified HDMI cable.

sreekantt, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding in bright areas of the video

Pink Pixelation and banding in HDR Videos on my HDR TV (Even the preview video included in recent insiders build). Facing this on stable build also. I'm on latest Insider build, still the HDR playback isn't fixed since the Fall creators stable update. I
    experience all types pink pixelation on ground, sky and water which are moderately bright areas in a HDR video. TV completely supports HDR and it's a 10 bit panel. There's a lot of banding in sky. Tried various custom settings in Nvidia panel too but that
    doesn't help. In Netflix, pink moving pixilation goes on the face of Actors. For gods sake, demo video inbuilt for HDR in windows 10 also looks awful with banding and pink moving pixels in sky. Attached some screenshots and a video for reference. ***I played
    the same files on TV natively and it looks gorgeous with true HDR.

Hardware Used -

Laptop- Acer Predator Helios 300

Processor - Intel 7700HQ

External Monitor- 10 bit TV - MI TV 4 - Pro calibrated, Full support for HDR 10, capable for Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0b, supports all chroma subsampling modes upto 4:4:4 12 bpc. Premium certified HDMI cable used.

Hates windows but but always uses it, May 12, 2021
  4. Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows

Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding in bright areas of the video

Pink Pixelation and banding in HDR Videos on my HDR TV (Even the preview video included in recent insiders build). Facing this on stable build also. I'm on latest Insider build, still the HDR playback isn't fixed since the Fall creators stable update. I experience all types pink pixelation on ground, sky and water which are moderately bright areas in a HDR video. TV completely supports HDR and it's a 10 bit panel. There's a lot of banding in sky. Tried various custom settings in Nvidia panel too but that doesn't help. In Netflix, pink moving pixilation goes on the face of Actors. For gods sake, demo video inbuilt for HDR in windows 10 also looks awful with banding and pink moving pixels in sky. Attached some screenshots and a video for reference. ***I played the same files on TV natively and it looks gorgeous with true HDR.

Hardware Used -
    Laptop- Acer Predator Helios 300
    Processor - Intel 7700HQ
    External Monitor- 10 bit TV - MI TV 4 - Pro calibrated, Full support for HDR 10, capable for Dolby Vision, HDMI 2.0b, supports all chroma subsampling modes upto 4:4:4 12 bpc. Premium certified HDMI cable used.

Sai Sreekantt M, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows

1. Oversaturated/pink HDR in windows - Similar Threads - Oversaturated pink HDR

2. Pink everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pink everywhere: Just set up a new Surface Laptop running Windows 11. A ghastly pink color was showing on every application and every window. Changed theme to "dark" and that corrected the problem on my Surface Laptop screen, but on two external displays highlights for text in Edge, header...
  3. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  4. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  5. All of my screen captures are oversaturated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my screen captures are oversaturated: Every screen recording I make seems to be oversaturated or if you can say, "fried".Screenshots I make in every browser except IE become oversaturated, screen recordings with OBS.Tried to change encoding type in my GPU driver settings, nothing.Using an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT,...
  6. All of my screen captures are oversaturated

All of my screen captures are oversaturated: Every screen recording I make seems to be oversaturated or if you can say, "fried".Screenshots I make in every browser except IE become oversaturated, screen recordings with OBS.Tried to change encoding type in my GPU driver settings, nothing.Using an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT,...
  7. All of my screen captures are oversaturated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Pink Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pink Screen: My display is not normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pink-screen/5976528c-151b-497a-9d85-be08dba317c0
  9. Pink photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pink photos: Recently, when I upload my photos from my camera they have a pink/brown tint that was not on my camera. My computer has been recently Windows 10 updated and has been tuned up and drivers updated....
  10. Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding: Video - Windows 10 HDR bug - Pink pixelation and Banding in bright areas of the video - YouTube SWnYgWcKj2k Pink Pixelation and banding in HDR Videos on my HDR TV (Even the preview video included in recent insiders build). Facing this on stable build also. I'm on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr pink tint