Windows 10: Overscan

Discus and support Overscan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My display driver does not allow me to adjust for overscan to make my display fit my screen. I have tried updating the driver but get nothing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by relick, Jan 7, 2020.

1. relick Win User

Overscan

My display driver does not allow me to adjust for overscan to make my display fit my screen. I have tried updating the driver but get nothing,

:)

relick, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Regenesis Win User

Secondary display overscan problem

Just want to say this worked as well for me! Such an obscure work around but if it works, it works.

Slightly different process for myself though. I had updated my Intel 4000 series (i7-4700HQ) integrated graphics driver but to no avail of fixing the overscan issue, then I tried the method mentioned here. I right clicked on the background of my desktop, selected "Graphics Properties". Then clicked on the "Display" image of the menu. Set the resolution as suggested 1280x720. This is where it was different for me. The slider bars never showed and it still overscanned but setting it to "720p" seemed to have "unlocked" it for me. Under "General Settings" I clicked on "Center Image" which resized and fixed the overscan issue on the TV, where as it didn't before. Then I set the resolution back to 1080p and no overscanning issues for me. Desktop dimensions fit perfectly within screen without any cut off. Thanks Pete and thanks Maverick!

Regenesis, Jan 7, 2020
  3. arroyo Win User
    ATI BIOS and HDMI overscan

This overscan setting is related only to driver and not to the bios. There is no way to mod the bios with overscan value set to 0.

arroyo, Jan 7, 2020
  4. batlhilz Win User

Overscan

Secondary display overscan problem

TV has "pc mode" most of the time, when no overscan option is available. overscan usually is on the "pro" displays, as in for commercial use. you can also check the TVs inputs - it usually says "HDMI (DVI)" or something similar, when the overscan is disabled by the port itself

batlhilz, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Overscan

1. Overscan - Similar Threads - Overscan

2. Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue: I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook Laptop and I've been having this issue for 2 years with no specific answers. Yes I know its old but I still want to use it until I can afford a new laptop.It was completely fine before I got my screen replaced. When I took it back up there...
  3. Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 32 bit Overscan Issue: I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook Laptop and I've been having this issue for 2 years with no specific answers. Yes I know its old but I still want to use it until I can afford a new laptop.It was completely fine before I got my screen replaced. When I took it back up there...
  4. Fix Overscan in Windows 11/10 to Fit to Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Overscan in Windows 11/10 to Fit to Screen: [ATTACH]Many Windows 10 users are complaining of Overscanning. Overscanning is when the display of your computer is so large that it exceeds the dimensions of your monitor or TV. It can be very frustrating but not anymore. In this article, we are going to see some easy...
  5. overscanning/ bad scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    overscanning/ bad scaling: So I recently got a new tv to use as my main monitor, I decided to take my old main and use it in portrait mode on the side of the new monitor. now before setting it to portrait, my setting for the screen were perfect, no over scanning , no needing display zoomed in, the text...
  6. Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I cannot seem to fix this overscan issue on this old Acer monitor.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Parnello [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdjapl/help_i_cannot_seem_to_fix_this_overscan_issue_on/
  7. i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i've got bad overscan on my tv, how can i fix it? the tv is kinda old so there is no option...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8fzz7/ive_got_bad_overscan_on_my_tv_how_can_i_fix_it/
  8. Display overscan with an Intel draphics card

Display overscan with an Intel draphics card: How to adjust display overscan wiith intel graphics card \ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-overscan-with-an-intel-draphics-card/2b3d6aef-72c0-4081-bb1d-d1b37f694612
  9. Overscan

Overscan: I am running integrated graphics off of a ryzen 3 2200g connected to my tv via hdmi and inside of the radeon settings there is no option to manually scale, there is a ton of overscan and i need help. The layout and resolution is grayed out in display settings...
  10. IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 overscans the Monitor screen size: I have looked at many reports but they seem to have missed the actual issue. It is NOT that the ZOOM is wrong, the width of the WEB Page is correct but the height slightly over scans. ( if I adjust the ZOOM it changes the TEXT, etc sizes but NOT the overall screen size )...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 overscan

2. windows drives for overscan

3. windows overscan

4. windows 10 generic driver adjust overscan