Windows 10: Oversized Windows

Discus and support Oversized Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Surface Book 3000x2000 resolution @ 200% scaling U2715H external Dell monitor 2560x1440 resolution @ 100% scaling As an example, I'll use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by A2Z029, Nov 3, 2015.

1. A2Z029 Win User

Oversized Windows

Surface Book 3000x2000 resolution @ 200% scaling
    U2715H external Dell monitor 2560x1440 resolution @ 100% scaling

As an example, I'll use PowerPoint 2016.
    On the clipboard monitor, it displays fine, regardless of what I set scaling at.
    On the monitor, everything looks obnoxiously big.

Is there any way to adjust this?

I don't seem to have this issue with applications like Chrome, Visual Studio 2015, and other applications.

ConEmu is another app that's "oversized". I'm noticing that the "oversized" apps don't increase/decrease in size when moved between the clipboard display and the external monitor, they stay the same size, where as the apps that look fine, when moved to a different resolution display will increase/decrease in size once they're primarily in the new display they're getting moved to.

I've tried messing with scaling and screen resolutions. Even tried lowering the resolution of the clipboard display to be proportional to the external display's physical size and resolution, and lowering its scaling to 100% (which had no effect). It's like some apps are immune to the scaling effect.

Thanks for any help offered

:)

A2Z029, Nov 3, 2015

2. how do i change the screen to normal

Everything on my computer is oversized. Icons and letters are oversized. How do I change them?

MONIKAFILAR, Nov 3, 2015
  3. JAM310 Win User
    Display suddenly oversized and can't reduce

running Windows 10 on a DELL Studio 540. suddenly my desktop, mail all apps and icons are oversized. I went to display under settings and checked to be sure set at 100% with recommended resolution and still oversized. What happened and how do I fix it?

JAM310, Nov 3, 2015
  4. Maximus5 Win User

Oversized Windows

Nobody may be sure, but in case of ConEmu it may be either old build, or misconfigured options, or even a bug (don't think so).
    Try to run "ConEmu -basic -cmd cmd" and check the behavior.

Actually a few applications are able to process per-monitor dpi properly. Types of dpi-awareness.

Maximus5, Nov 4, 2015
  5. A2Z029 Win User
    Thanks Max,

I tried launching ConEmu with the basic and cmd flags and that seemed to get it to follow the expected behavior (resizing to a monitors resolution). I reset my settings and the shortcut then reverted to that behavior. I tried to track down what I may have set to recreate the behavior I was seeing but couldn't figure it out.
    As I was going through the link you sent about DpiAware, I was noticing the issue with the menu dialog controls being cut off but didn't seem to have anything to do with varied scaling settings between monitors. It seems to happen (for me anyways) when the scaling is set to 100%. If I set a displays scaling to 150%, the dialog displays fine (regardless of it being the primary display or secondary).

Still unclear why this happens with PowerPoint and not the other Office products, but as your blog points out, it's probably a DPI aware issue and/or configuration with PowerPoint itself (which I've not changed any settings on).

A2Z029, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Oversized Windows

1. Oversized Windows - Similar Threads - Oversized

2. Folder oversize compared to contents issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder oversize compared to contents issues: Hi, so I have a problem where my folder size when inspected is much bigger than the contents contained within... Below, there are screenshots to illustrate the issueAs you can see, something is taking up over 27GB of space that I could be using.It may be a folder storage...
  3. Desktop & Apps oversized after a restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop & Apps oversized after a restart: Hi I restarted my computer about a week ago and as soon as it turned on from the restart my desktop and some apps have enlarged which makes some apps almost unusable as I cant see what some buttons are for. I have tried changing the screen resolution and updating the...
  4. Oversized display when trying to use 1360 x 768 + resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oversized display when trying to use 1360 x 768 + resolution: Hello, I have faced a problem with my 2 displays since I updated my system on the 20th of March. Both displays (one is a small Kogan TV and one is a large LG TV) have been oversized, to the point where 80% of the task bar is not showing. To be clear, I have run 1920 by 1080...
  5. Suddenly everything on my pc appears in hugely oversize display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly everything on my pc appears in hugely oversize display.: My PC lost internet connection for a short while - issue was repaired yesterday - today everything on the screen is hugely oversized. Just to get this page small enough to use I held CTRL and the minus button - now when I do that the minus sign actually appears in the typing...
  6. Oversized dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oversized dialogue boxes: I have a program for embroidery called Generations. It worked fine on my old laptop Windows 10 but the dialogue boxes are too big on my new laptop and I can't reach any controls like OK. How can I reduce the size of these dialogue boxes? [ATTACH]...
  7. Why is my Start Menu Oversized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Start Menu Oversized?: [ATTACH] Idk how this happened but is there a fix to this? https://preview.redd.it/kt1vf6ed32561.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=645e6903fac33810bb007f08b8a00bae6af5a779 submitted by /u/FatBoi1013777 [link] [comments]...
  8. screen oversized after upgrade to build 19041.508

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen oversized after upgrade to build 19041.508: Hello, It's October 3 2020 and MS / Windows just applied build 19041.508 this morning. Upon completion, my screen is now oversize or bloated or whatever the term is. My task bar at the bottom is barely accessible, the start panel on the left is barely accessible. I am...
  9. Oversized Games window on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Oversized Games window on Windows 10: Hiya. I just adjusted desktop font and apps to a larger, readable size. It all worked and looks good. Things are NOT huge. I had to adjust the size of the Google page as it was way to big. That, too, has consistently worked. However, I went to play an old school game that...
  10. oversized windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oversized windows apps: why does windows apps take so much data to be downloaded: like for example Frequency generator app, one app doing one purpose, which is playing specific frequencies, why does it take 85 mb to be downloaded, a same app on my android phone just takes 8 mb...