Windows 10: Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new computer with Windows 10. I use Thunderbird as my mail program and though my backup program saved the file that has all my address books... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceWilson4, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer

I have a new computer with Windows 10. I use Thunderbird as my mail program and though my backup program saved the file that has all my address books and old mail from the old computer I have not been able to figure out how to overwrite the file from my Newly Installed Thnderbird program with the file that I was able to recover from my old computer. How do I overwrite a file in Windows 10?

:)

BruceWilson4, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Tommygunn Win User
    Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer

1. Overwriting a file in a program in my new Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Overwriting file program

2. No video programs work on my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video programs work on my new computer: I recently bought a new computer an Acer Predator Helios 300 that is running Windows 10. Whenever I try to run a video file from my external hard drive on ANY video program Windows Media Player, Movies & TV, etc., it will not play. For WMP, it says "Windows Media Player...
  3. No video programs work on my new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No video programs work on my new computer: I recently bought a new computer an Acer Predator Helios 300 that is running Windows 10. Whenever I try to run a video file from my external hard drive on ANY video program Windows Media Player, Movies & TV, etc., it will not play. For WMP, it says "Windows Media Player...
  4. COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    COOL Ransomware and the file overwrite my onedrive files: Greetings, Recently my computer was hit by cool ransomware and encrypt all of my files. I was shocked that my onedrive keep syncing those file and overwrite the backups.Is there any way to restore it? Thank you...
  5. Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File: I've been editing my Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file for years to facilitate my work. As of a couple of days ago Windows has started overwriting this file with a clean version every time I boot up. I have tried making the file read-only and denying write permissions...
  6. Onedrive overwrites newer files

Onedrive overwrites newer files: Somehow after a while onedrive started working on my surface and laptop and it overwrote newer files including several excel spreadsheets. I was under the impression that files would not be overwrote if newer files existed....
  7. Windows 10 Home Overwrite

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Overwrite: Hi, I used to use inactivated Windows 10 Pro on my PC but I realised I had activated on my laptop and thought I could use the digital license on that to activate it on my PC. I then changed the RegEdit to Home from Pro and installed a copy of windows on my flash drive and...
  8. Computer files programs transfer old to new

Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  9. Unexplained overwriting half my document files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained overwriting half my document files: I suddenly lost most of my document-type files. Recuva Pro showed only half of 24K files were recoverable. These were primarily from \username\onedrive\..., so I can recover from the cloud. But several compromised file were in C\?\, \Program files, \username\app data,...
  10. Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Overwrites new files with old ones.: So I installed windows 10 earlier this week, I believe the 7th of February. The system moves all my files into windows.old. I retrieve my vital files (mostly current projects and some game files) and marvel at how much faster my computer seems to run. Then about 30 minutes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to show newer file when overwriting file in windows 10