Windows 10: Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some...

Discus and support Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just now ii executed .cmd file, within 5 seconds some very important applications are deleted from system32 folders, so i stopped running cmd. after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some...

Just now ii executed .cmd file, within 5 seconds some very important applications are deleted from system32 folders, so i stopped running cmd.

after that i closed cmd file, then i tried to opened cmd.exe, powershell.exe, but not opened, so i clicked restart, but no animations while shutdown on screen.

windows tries start in normal mode but failed to do

Then i tried to start windows in safe mode but failed to do

Then i started recovery mode, i tried via by startup repair, startup repair does not fix.

I tried to do a system restore to the previous point, but it's too old, so i didn't do that.

then I executed sfc.exe /scannow , but not fixed,

Reset option will fix, but it will delete all installed applications and settings, so i didn't tried reset.

next option i tried Offboot sfc.exe, it option is fixed to boot windows in normal mode.

the following command i executed

Sfc.exe /ScanNow /OffBootDir=E:\ /OffWindir=D:\Windows /OfflogFile=E:\OffBoot.log

E is windows DVD partition and D is currently installed windows partition.

within 5 minutes sfc completed after that windows os is booted normally.

Then Windows OS started in normal mode, some applications are worked in the system32 folder.

Then again i tried Sfc.exe /Scannow , its fixed remaining all problems.

From my testing experiences if you unable to boot windows because some required files are deleted without your knowledge, so try this method

Sfc.exe /ScanNow /OffBootDir=E:\ /OffWindir=D:\Windows /OfflogFile=E:\OffBoot.log

Thanks for reading my post.

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Jun 7, 2020

2. Instructions for deleting files, using CMD

Hello to the Community,

Need to delete lots of files; some are large.

I'm looking for the steps to permanently delete selected files, using CMD (I am NOT a skilled User)

The standard Delete via File Explorer sometimes doens't work....and/or is very slow to delete.

Its 2-step operation... to collect, and then delete via the Recycle Bin .... takes
    approximately forever on some files.

Google research shows me there's some simple ways to use CMD like DEL / RMDIR / /Q /S But I don't know how to use them.

Could someone send me the specific steps I should enter?

And also, what is the exact layout/format for defining the file(s) to be deleted, in each CMD string ?

Thank you,

Gary

Gary_S_1943, Jun 7, 2020
  3. tomyfr Win User
    Executing a .bat file on CMD

Hello all,

For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up:
    Setting up environment for Qt usage...

It happened a time and when we wanted to restart the process, because of a problem, and re-execute that file, this message wasn't shown.
    Actually when I hit enter on CMD nothing is shown up and the cursor goes back to the previous path. In other words, the .bat file won't be executed to set up the environment.

Does anyone know how to fix this and execute the file properly, please?

tomyfr, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some...

Visual basic text file nightmare

FYI, you can work around file locks by having CMD do a copy. CMD copy ignores file locks. Read the copied file, then delete the copy when done.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some...

1. Own experience -I executed .cmd file , so system32 files are deleted , suddenly some... - Similar Threads - Own experience executed

2. .jar files only execute through CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files only execute through CMD: Every once in a while, my pc no longer recognizes a default app for jar files and I have to manually run them. I can open them with the command 'javaw.exe -jar' but they will not open otherwise. I have gone to Task Manager to check the path of the javaw.exe that runs when I...
  3. .jar files only execute through CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jar files only execute through CMD: Every once in a while, my pc no longer recognizes a default app for jar files and I have to manually run them. I can open them with the command 'javaw.exe -jar' but they will not open otherwise. I have gone to Task Manager to check the path of the javaw.exe that runs when I...
  4. .jar files only execute through CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System32 Files deleted leading to some apps not opening

System32 Files deleted leading to some apps not opening: Hi.A few days ago I tried to permanently delete the System32 Folder to free up space in my computer, but Windows did force me to keep certain files. Most apps in my computer seem to still open normally, but I can't open Axure XP anymore. The app won't just respond when I open...
  6. Delete files using cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete files using cmd: Hello, I want to search and delete files, in a folder by file extension ie: all files with extension jpeg, in a folder and it's subfolders ie: D:\New Can someone please write me a script to do that? Regards 181303
  7. Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted some Important windows files in system32 folder.: I messed up with some files in windows32 and now I'm not able to use windows 10 properly, I can't even open images or videos, cant save more stuff. I tried factory reset, but it says *No changes were made*....
  8. I deleted some file

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted some file: A long time ago i deleted some file I dont know what one on windows 10 but now the computer wont boot it it just shows the dell screen and goes to the scan thing i can go to the boot menu is there a way to re download windows without knowing what file i deleted...
  9. Executing a .bat file on CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a .bat file on CMD: Hello all, For a programming process we need to execute a .bat file from CMD. I'm on Windows 10 x64. When I paste the path to the file and hit Enter, the message below is expected to show up: Setting up environment for Qt usage... It happened a time and when we wanted to...
  10. system32 and user file deleted

system32 and user file deleted: Hi please help I did a CHKDSK and now it has corrupted my Hard drive, it deleted system32 and user files but the hard drive says it does not have enough space Your help will be appreciated Regards Criz...