Windows 10: Own PC not showing in Network display

Discus and support Own PC not showing in Network display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not a major problem but irritating. I think issue started after installing update 1803. Have 2 pcs - mine & partners. On my pc when looking at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pastelman, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Pastelman Win User

Own PC not showing in Network display

Not a major problem but irritating. I think issue started after installing update 1803. Have 2 pcs - mine & partners. On my pc when looking at the Network it only shows my partner's pc (plus 2 network printers / scanners). On my partner's pc it shows both her pc & mine (plus the printers / scanners). Had a problem to start when no pcs were displayed but by setting the service 'Function Discovery Resource Publication' on both computers to automatic and starting it cured that problem. Any ideas why I cannot see my pc when running the network facility from my computer?

:)

Pastelman, Jun 2, 2018

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Own PC not showing in Network display

1. Own PC not showing in Network display - Similar Threads - Own showing Network

2. PC randomly shows no display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shows no display: Hi I'm Gustavo and I recently been having a few issues with my computer. Whenever I'm playing terraria for some time the computer will suddenly die off, it's still on but shows no display and when this happens the LED on the keyboard and mouse turns off aswell, I can plug out...
  3. pc beeping and not showing display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc beeping and not showing display: obviously this is a ram issue. i added another ram ard to my pc and the beeping started. so i assumed it wasnt compatible and removed it as well as the other one i had in to go ahead and dust out the whole pc. i pu the card back and clicked it and made sure it was secure but...
  4. Pc Wont Show Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Wont Show Display: Hello Microsoft Team,I had left my pc on and it was running just fine and when I came back the whole screen was a grayish darkish color. I had no cursor on the screen and key commands weren't working. Ive already tried things like cleaning it, changing the hdmi cable,...
  5. My own PC in "network" sometimes does not show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My own PC in "network" sometimes does not show: hi guys, Random error, sometimes i don't see my own PC under "network" in the list of computers, i can see the other PC we have in the network, and if i go on the url bar and go \\MY_PC then i can see its shared files, then it magically appears in the list on the left hand...
  6. Display network in "This PC"?

Display network in "This PC"?: Hi, guys, I would like my NAS server (http://192.168.2.112 only) to be displayed in "This PC" under My Devices. Only I forgot how it works again. This one: [ATTACH] displayed right here: [ATTACH] TIA Netzwerk im "Diesen PC" anzeigen lassen?
  7. Can't See Own PC Under Network

Can't See Own PC Under Network: My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work....
  8. PC not showing in Network

PC not showing in Network: I have a desktop and laptop that were networked together. Due to other issues I ran the tenforums repair tool. Now neither PC shows in the other PC network folder. I tried the first option on your site and nothing changed. I don't want to keep trying things and end up messing...
  9. PC not showing in Network

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not showing in Network: I have a desktop and laptop that were networked together. Due to other issues I ran the tenforums repair tool. Now neither PC shows in the other PC network folder. I tried the first option on your site and nothing changed. I don't want to keep trying things and end up messing...
  10. Not showing/display available networks

Not showing/display available networks: Hi I have an Asus GL502VS with Windows 10 64 bit version 1803. Ever since I updated to Creator edition the wifi symbol on the bottom right is not displaying any available networks when I left click. Right clicking and going into Network & Internet Settings and clicking on...