Windows 10: Owner Name, File Details

Discus and support Owner Name, File Details in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jegap, Mar 1, 2021.

1. /u/Jegap Win User

Owner Name, File Details

I recently changed my User name from my email to my actual name so that my file locations were easier to interact with, that went well. However, I now notice that when I go to Properties and then Details of any file that the Owner name is Desktop\MyEmail so I then changed the Registered Owner name on my PC to my name as well yet it still shows Desktop\MyEmail under file details. My Windows version now says my name as the Owner, it just hasn't changed when I check under file details. Any tips or help are appreciated, I'm just OCD when it comes to things like this.

submitted by /u/Jegap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jegap, Mar 1, 2021
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Changing name of a file owner in file explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. When you say, “Changing name of a file owner in file explorer” are you referring to change the USER account folder name?
    2. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account on the PC?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    4. What exactly do you mean by, “I would like to change the name that it puts in the iCloud Drive folder”?

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further with the issue.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2021
  4. KCav45 Win User

Owner Name, File Details

Where did user name Owner come from?

Thank you Ztruker, will do it right now

- - - Updated - - -

Movement of contents of C:/Users/Owner into C:/Users/KCav could not be completed because:
    1. Error 0x 80070057kept AppData from being moved
    2. NTUSER.DAT could not be moved because the file is open in System

Did not need to create a new user account named KCav. That was the name given to the original account.
    Don't know where Owner came from.

KCav45, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Owner Name, File Details

1. Owner Name, File Details - Similar Threads - Owner Name File

2. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  3. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  4. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  5. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window: I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I see my username original file owner despite I've changed the file owner on the Security Settings to the "Administrator"...
  7. How to change owner of a file that is shown on the Details tab of the Properties window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change owner of a file that is shown on the Details tab of the Properties window: I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I see my username original file owner despite I've changed the file owner on the Security Settings to the "Administrator"...
  8. Change owners name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change owners name: How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6
  9. removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    removing owner's name and details upon giving away machine. Win 10: What are the steps to follow to do the above please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-owners-name-and-details-upon-giving-away/fa06d6c2-025c-49b9-9c53-c25a40b1f584"
  10. Odd owner folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd owner folder name: Hello, After having installed win 10, windows has chosen w/o consulting me a concatenation of my 1st name and few characters of my last name as my folder name (the one in c:\users\). Can I change it back to my first name or <first>space<last> or anything sensible? Thank...