Windows 10: Owner of Computer Died.

Discus and support Owner of Computer Died. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a friend that Passed Away. They had only had their new computer for maybe 30 days.No, I Do Not know the password for the machine. I just want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StephanieSillimon, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Owner of Computer Died.

I have a friend that Passed Away. They had only had their new computer for maybe 30 days.No, I Do Not know the password for the machine. I just want to wipe the hard drive clean so no one can get any of their personal information. I just know they got Win 11 on it, I'm not sure they even finished getting everything moved over.

:)

StephanieSillimon, Oct 3, 2022

2. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Oct 3, 2022
  3. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 3, 2022
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Owner of Computer Died.

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Owner of Computer Died.

1. Owner of Computer Died. - Similar Threads - Owner Computer Died

2. Owner of Computer Died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Owner of Computer Died.: I have a friend that Passed Away. They had only had their new computer for maybe 30 days.No, I Do Not know the password for the machine. I just want to wipe the hard drive clean so no one can get any of their personal information. I just know they got Win 11 on it, I'm not...
  3. Computer has died?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer has died?: Steam was up, i left went upstairs watched part of a movie and went back to it, got 2 different blue screens. Tcpip.sys then it restared and i got critical process dies. Now it only says critical process died. It wont enter auto repair anymore, the recovery usb will sorta...
  4. Change owner of computer, leave files intact

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change owner of computer, leave files intact: My wife and I both have accounts on a Microsoft Surface 3. I want to remove my account, but leave all the files on the machine and to have her become the only account on the machine, maintaining her access to all accounts....
  5. computer owner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer owner: I have tried to change settings and am told that only the owner can make the change I want. I AM the owner. I am also the administrator. I havce been told that I need to change the title "owner" from the PC to me. How do I do this. I have changed anything that I have...
  6. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of Owner name and PW of Computer: My wife has just given me her old computer which has her MS login screen name and password. How do we (does she) change the computer name, account and admin authority to my MS name and account?...
  7. Change the owner account on a computer

Change the owner account on a computer: I have windows 10 and my wife was the first user on the account. Without losing everything on it how do i change the owner from her account to mine? Thank you in advance....
  8. computer owner change

computer owner change: My mother passed away and I'm her son and new owner of the computer. How doI remove her name and replace with mine ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-owner-change/9bc33b1c-ba7b-4da5-8c72-8ee08b9f0a83
  9. Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?: I recently purchased a new laptop to replace my aging one that has slowed to a snails pace. Maybe also has a virus - I dunno. The new laptop has W10 installed. I also have 10 installed on a couple of desktops. I plan to move all of my data from the retired laptop to a large...
  10. Computer died

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer died: Hello, this may not be an issue for this forum, but I don't know where else to start. When I got up this morning, my screen was blank. I tried to re boot it, but nothing happened. I unplugged it and plugged it back in but the start button did nothing. I have a power supply...