Windows 10: Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management

Discus and support Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am the owner of a powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management. It brings up a prompt to sign into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FernandoCorrea4, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management

Hello,

I am the owner of a powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management. It brings up a prompt to sign into Microsoft account, but when I enter in my email address, it says I am not signed into an Office account with permission to open this presentation, and that I need to request permission from myself? It shows the email address I am trying to enter as who needs to grant permission ???. I played along and sent an email to myself to see what response options I would get, and it just sends me an email with the message I put in the body, no links or any options to grant permission. As I cannot get passed this, I am not even able to go into FILE>INFO and look at the Protect Presentation settings. Anyway to bypass this and lift IRM restrictions so I can open this file? I am not aware of ever having set these restrictions myself.

:)

FernandoCorrea4, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Jun 5, 2020
  3. How to set up Information Rights Management (IRM) on your Windows phone

Before you can set up IRM on your phone, you’ll need to make sure that you have Windows Rights Management Services installed on your computer. If you’re running Windows Vista, Windows Rights Management Services is already installed. If you’re running Windows
    XP, you’ll need to install it through Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. (If you don’t see Windows Rights Management Services listed in
    Add or Remove Programs, you can also download it directly from the
    Download Center on Microsoft.com
    . ) You can tell if you have Windows Rights Management already installed if you’re able to open IRM-protected e-mail in Office Outlook.

Your computer must also be connected to a domain and on your corporate network.

1. Install Windows Mobile Device Center

or ActiveSync
    if not already installed on your computer.
    2. Connect your phone to your computer through a USB cable.

3. If you’re using ActiveSync:

1. In ActiveSync, on the Tools
    menu, click Advanced Tools > Activate Information Rights Management.

2. In the Information Rights Management Activation
    dialog box, click Yes, and ActiveSync will try to activate IRM automatically.

3. If ActiveSync isn’t able to access your credentials, you’ll be asked to re-enter the information, including your user name, password, and domain. Click
    Retry.

4. After you’ve successfully activated Information Rights Management, click
    OK.

4. If you’re using Windows Mobile Device Center:

1. Click Mobile Device Settings > Activate Information Rights Management.

2. Enter your credentials (user name, password, domain), and click
    Activate.

3. After you’ve successfully activated Information Rights Management, click
    Done.

Elizabeth at MS, Jun 5, 2020
  4. jaydeee Win User

Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management :)

jaydeee, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management

1. Owner of Powerpoint presentation that won't open because of IRM Information Rights Management - Similar Threads - Owner Powerpoint presentation

2. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  3. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  4. PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors: Hello,I have a requirement where I need to open the PowerPoint file from today using task scheduler on the two different monitors in short make the process dynamic instead of opening those files everyday manually.So is there a way for either open two ppts in separate monitors...
  5. IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IRM "Information Rights Management", DLP "Data Loss Prevention" software blocking infected...: Hello Microsoft Team, Can you please help? I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender's website because it is being blocked by IRM "Information Rights Management" I can not move this file into a zip file to submit it for a closer...
  6. Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...: Hello Microsoft team, I am having a major issue I would like to submit a file for "malware analysis" to Microsoft however the IRM controls are blocking me from adding that specific infected file into a zip file, or moving it for submission to Windows defender. Take note...
  7. Dashes not showing when opening presentations from PowerPoint 2007 in PowerPoint 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dashes not showing when opening presentations from PowerPoint 2007 in PowerPoint 365: I have a whole database of Powerpoint documents containing song lyrics that were made in Powerpoint 2007. Recently, we changed the old office computer and migrated from Windows 7 and Office 2007 to Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. When trying to open the songs from the database...
  8. 3D Powerpoint presentations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3D Powerpoint presentations: I am loving the new 3D powerpoint presentations, however, I am not loving the following issue. I have the latest version of office 365, a brand new Surface Pro with the latest version of Windows 10, but when I save any 3D presentation it says some of the items might not be...
  9. To know about powerpoint presentation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To know about powerpoint presentation.: sir, please help me to do my presentation . Don't know how to do a power point presentation in windows 10 software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-know-about-powerpoint-presentation/3bcf1396-8025-49a3-a686-28927336151a"
  10. Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie: To answer "why".....the original presentation was done on a Mac and runs just fine on that computer. I would have left it alone were it mine, but........This is going to be displayed on an Intel Stick (connected to a TV) which does not have Power Point. The Power Point viewer...