Windows 10: ownership control

Discus and support ownership control in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; gain ownership from trusted installer for all files, sub files, folders, etc..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomas9500, Jul 18, 2019.

1. tomas9500 Win User

ownership control

gain ownership from trusted installer for all files, sub files, folders, etc..

:)

tomas9500, Jul 18, 2019

2. How to "take ownership"?

I’ve found a small solution to hide the smiley icon. It doesn’t disable the button, it only renders the icon invisible.
    This is what I did:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find ieframe.dll
    • Take ownership and give administrators full control
    • ...snip...
    • Save the file and copy it back to C:\Windows\System32

So, the question is how to take "control" - I seem to still be getting permission denied errors when copying the file back to c:\Windows\System32?

Okay so it seems that after taking ownership and giving adminstrators control, I got further - I had to also explicitly set the file permission. It did let me copy my modified .dll over the ieframe.dll, but now IE does not start up! Luckily I am running this in a VM so can revert to an earlier snapshot, but there does seem to be some fundamental step that I am missing!

GerhardusVanG, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues

Taking ownership can sometimes just be the first step. You may then need to add your account to the list of those that have permissions and grant yourself full control. On the Security tab, to change permissions, click 'Edit', then click 'Add' to add your account.

4. STEvil Win User

ownership control

Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

ownership control

1. ownership control - Similar Threads - ownership control

2. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  3. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  4. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Simplified Arabic font ownership

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Simplified Arabic font ownership: Hi allI am trying to ascertain who the copyright owner is of the font Simplified Arabic.Simplified Arabic font is available on cloud fonts, and also as part of a language FED's.The Microsoft font page for this font lists: CopyrightPortions C 1990 Compugraphic Corporation....
  6. Simplified Arabic font ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simplified Arabic font ownership: Hi allI am trying to ascertain who the copyright owner is of the font Simplified Arabic.Simplified Arabic font is available on cloud fonts, and also as part of a language FED's.The Microsoft font page for this font lists: CopyrightPortions C 1990 Compugraphic Corporation....
  7. Simplified Arabic font ownership

8. Took ownership of C: drive, cannot even do a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Took ownership of C: drive, cannot even do a clean install: Hello everyone!So I took ownership of my C: drive and now, I don't even have the option to do a clean install. Now, Windows isn't completely broken, but I cannot run .exe files, task manager does not even open & the right-click menu on any file or folder makes File Explorer...
  9. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...
  10. I can't change file ownership

I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...