Windows 10: Ownership issues

Discus and support Ownership issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently had to change ownership of a few files in order to get access to the preview build of Microsoft so that I can download some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshMZ, Jan 27, 2021.

1. JoshMZ Win User

Ownership issues

Hi there,

I recently had to change ownership of a few files in order to get access to the preview build of Microsoft so that I can download some program to use and analyse data. Anyways, after this, it was getting too difficult and so I did a different method to get the programme. So I uninstalled the preview builds option etc. as I never really wanted it and tried my best resetting the ownership settings across my laptop to default by using this code icacls "full path to the folder" /reset /t /c /l[COLOR=rgba68, 68, 68, 1] and also uninstalling the new builds and going back to the previous stable build. Everything seemed to be working fine but then I tried opening word documents and they were blocked, so I solved that issue by changing the trust center settings and that worked so that all the files just open. I then tried opening an image sent via an email to myself and that doesn't open up now and gives an error file system error - 2147219196 and so I can't open images now. Ultimately, I feel like I have really messed up my computer and would really just like all the ownership and permission settings to be restored to normal. Please can someone help :[/COLOR]

:)

JoshMZ, Jan 27, 2021

2. Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Ownership issues

Ownership Issues

well did you take ownership, you said I stopped it midway?????

Maybe taking ownership and adding yourself in list with full permissions, and ENABLING Inheritance again and restarting PC might get system restore to work. If you can't, and all is running good, leave it be I guess. I would run a few programs and such
    to make sure all is ok. your other option might be to go back to v1709 in start up options and do update again.

But I would take full ownership with you in list too full permissions on the whole drive,, restart pc and on sign in and try restore again. if it fails, hold shift key and restart and try system restore from start up options again. there and then

seahawks65, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Ownership issues

1. Ownership issues - Similar Threads - Ownership issues

2. Simplified Arabic font ownership

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Simplified Arabic font ownership: Hi allI am trying to ascertain who the copyright owner is of the font Simplified Arabic.Simplified Arabic font is available on cloud fonts, and also as part of a language FED's.The Microsoft font page for this font lists: CopyrightPortions C 1990 Compugraphic Corporation....
  3. Simplified Arabic font ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simplified Arabic font ownership: Hi allI am trying to ascertain who the copyright owner is of the font Simplified Arabic.Simplified Arabic font is available on cloud fonts, and also as part of a language FED's.The Microsoft font page for this font lists: CopyrightPortions C 1990 Compugraphic Corporation....
  4. Simplified Arabic font ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Destination Folder Access Denied/administrator/ownership issues after cloning/transferring...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Destination Folder Access Denied/administrator/ownership issues after cloning/transferring...: Hello,I just got a new M.2 NVME drive that I cloned and transferred my Windows 10 install to from a regular SSD. Everything's worked very fine so far, but I just discovered there appears to be some ownership/permissions issues in certain areas. I noticed when I tried to...
  6. Need help resolving permission and ownership issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help resolving permission and ownership issues: Hi, I created a topic on this but the person helping me has stopped responding and no one has gotten back to me. I really need help with this as it is preventing me from being able to do things that I need with my stystem. Original topic...
  7. Ongoing Issues with duplicate User Accounts & duplicate System File Ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ongoing Issues with duplicate User Accounts & duplicate System File Ownership: Good Afternoon My SFC /SCANNOW from an Elevated Command Prompt assuming the wind is blowing the right way & it completes successfully instead of stopping at 26% due to "Windows Resource Protection" is reporting that it is finding & resolving duplicate Ownership of System...
  8. Remove Windows.old off external HDD - Ownership issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Windows.old off external HDD - Ownership issue?: I've got a hdd out of a laptop with Windows installed on it that was replaced with an ssd. I now have it plugged into the laptop externally as a storage drive for backups with a USB adapter. I would like to delete the Windows, Windows.old and program files folders on the...
  9. Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...: running out of ideas, just can't seem to gain full control of folders or files in the windowsapps folder, i can delete files and folders but i can't rename files or folders or edit file content... for example when i try to edit a file name i get: "you require permission...
  10. Issues after taking ownership of C:\

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues after taking ownership of C:\: Hi there. I've been rather stupid and transferred ownership of C:\, including system32, to my account (the administrator and only user). While I would instantly switch it back, due to an unrelated reason I restarted my computer (Surface Pro 4). Since then I've done research...