Windows 10: P.C crashed did not save WordPad

Discus and support P.C crashed did not save WordPad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been working on a project in WordPad the last week. My P.C suddenly shut down due to battery issues and when it rebooted it downloaded the newest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AyyLmao234555, Jan 26, 2021.

1. P.C crashed did not save WordPad

I've been working on a project in WordPad the last week. My P.C suddenly shut down due to battery issues and when it rebooted it downloaded the newest version of windows, deleting my WordPad. At no point did I save it. I've found the .tmp Wera877 file but when I open it I get unintelligible code. There's a separate file for the metadata labeled the same. I need help on recovering my WordPad.

:)

AyyLmao234555, Jan 26, 2021
  2. namitakrs Win User

WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

P.C crashed did not save WordPad [​IMG]

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Jan 26, 2021
  4. P.C crashed did not save WordPad

Microsoft Wordpad Missing Docx Save Type

Hi Mark,

Updated WordPad versions cannot save files in .doc or .docx format anymore, unlike the previous versions. For us to convert the .txt file to .docx format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click on the .txt file. Select Open with, and then click on
      Choose another app.
    • How do you want to open this file? window will pop up. If you can't see the
      Word app from the list of options, click on More apps, and the select
      Word.
    • The document will now open in Word app. Click on File tab.
    • On the left pane, select Save As.
    • On the right pane, select Word Document (*.docx) from the drop down box.
    • Click on Save button.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

P.C crashed did not save WordPad

1. P.C crashed did not save WordPad - Similar Threads - crashed did save

2. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG. I want to use the system to stream live music with vocals....
  3. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG...
  4. P C Microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    P C Microphones: I have windows 10 The webcam was unreliable and I have replaced it with a Logitech C920. Are the Logitech mikes better mikes than the originals in my Computer?The computer is a H.P. Desktop all in one J1G15AA#ABG...
  5. wordpad crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wordpad crash: wordpad crash on startup I fixed this by using control panel to change my default printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, the printer that caused the crash was a domain printer. also it would be nice if the login screen was ready when the windows start chime has played....
  6. WordPad saving glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad saving glitch: Wordpad is not working. My friend saved all her work but what is going on!!! Help!!! She am freaking out cause' she had A school assignment It was supposed to be completed on Wednesday, and her work was too long to re-type! She tried to paste it on Microsoft word, but that...
  7. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462
  8. Save windows in WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save windows in WordPad: It would be nice to have a way to save all opened windows in WordPad; e.g., under "Close all windows" option we could have the option to "Save all Windows." Is it possible ?...
  9. WordPad won't save in RTF.

WordPad won't save in RTF.: Hello, Need some help with a problem that started 4 days ago. This never happened before ever with any computer or any OS. WordPad won't save copied and pasted text in RTF. format, not even in Plain text format. Error message says: "File not found" "Check the file name and...
  10. saving a landscape document in wordpad

saving a landscape document in wordpad: I save a landscape document in wordpad just fine but when I re-open it later it opens in portrait - how can i fix this ?? thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-landscape-document-in-wordpad/3b54aa40-32cd-4dc0-8e9c-0ac0d3a81c71"