Windows 10: P key does not work when typing administrator password

Discus and support P key does not work when typing administrator password in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes when I need to type in my administrator password (to run a program for example), the P key does not work. It works fine when I type anywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VolTorian, Jul 11, 2019.

1. VolTorian Win User

P key does not work when typing administrator password

Sometimes when I need to type in my administrator password (to run a program for example), the P key does not work. It works fine when I type anywhere else, but it does not work in the password bar of the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" window. I have tried using on screen keyboard, but that does not work either. It used to be that closing some programs let it work again, but this last time I had closed everything and It still did not work, so I ended up relogging into my computer account. My antivirus scans do not bring anything up.

What could be causing one specific key to not work specifically when entering an administrator password like this?

:)

VolTorian, Jul 11, 2019

2. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can't change my account type to administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create a new user account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select Command Prompt, and then click
      Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.
    • Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter.
    • Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 11, 2019
  4. P key does not work when typing administrator password

administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

P key does not work when typing administrator password

1. P key does not work when typing administrator password - Similar Threads - key does typing

2. My administrator password does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My administrator password does not work: My administrator password does not work, I have tried resetting it and many dofferent troublehsooting but still cannot get into my computer. I am 100% sure I am using the right administrator password. I am also connected to internet so it isnt that....
  3. My administrator password does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My administrator password does not work: My administrator password does not work, I have tried resetting it and many dofferent troublehsooting but still cannot get into my computer. I am 100% sure I am using the right administrator password. I am also connected to internet so it isnt that....
  4. My administrator password does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  6. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  7. My lower p key does not work, BUT in Caps P works? On my MSI Laptop Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My lower p key does not work, BUT in Caps P works? On my MSI Laptop Windows 10.: My lower case p key does not work. But when I turn Caps on the P works. What gives? I blew out and cleaned the keyboard, with no luck. Any ideas? submitted by /u/TheBYOBShow [link] [comments]...
  8. to continue type administrator password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    to continue type administrator password.: hey my pc got these problems: the error"Access is denied" for administrator I can't restart on safe mode I can't log in as an administrator I can't boot the windows and at the end "to continue type administrator password." what should I do? should I replace my windows?...
  9. Remotely type administrator password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remotely type administrator password?: So I work from home, and I have Microsoft Screen Time running on my son's windows 10 pc. He is using a standard user account, and does not know the admin password to the computer. He often needs to install programs or files for school, and every time he does, I need to go...
  10. 0,p, ? and [ keys is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    0,p, ? and [ keys is not working: 0,p and [ keys is not working. lease help. what should i do. im crying right now[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0p-and-keys-is-not-working/9c5626ff-f985-4e2b-89b9-e6efb2fbe1e5