Windows 10: p key not working on most programs

Discus and support p key not working on most programs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For most programs, the "p" and "P" does not work. At first, I thought it was a keyboard issue. Then I stumbled into a grogram where it worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Pounds, Jul 9, 2020.

1. p key not working on most programs

For most programs, the "p" and "P" does not work. At first, I thought it was a keyboard issue. Then I stumbled into a grogram where it worked fine. Over the past month, there has been in a small of programs where the "p" key worked. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of the programs where the "p" key worked. I am using the screen keyboard to write this question.

:)

John Pounds, Jul 9, 2020

2. "P" key not working on keyboard

Hi,

"P" key on my keyboard is not working(I had to write this using on-screen keyboard.)

Sometimes it works and sometimes it not.

Any suggestions on how can I fix this?

VaibhavMadan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Windows Key + P shortcut not working

Hi Jimmie,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that Windows + P shortcut is not working.

I would like to know some information.

• What actions are you trying to perform pressing Windows + P key?

• Are you using Dual Monitors?

• Have you made any changes to the computer settings prior to this issue?

• Since how long are you facing this issue?

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 9, 2020
  4. p key not working on most programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

p key not working on most programs

1. p key not working on most programs - Similar Threads - key working programs

2. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  3. Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift Key Not Working For Only The p Key: My shift key has magically ceased working for only the letter p on my keyboard works with all other letters and keys and I am not sure what happened. I initially assumed it was my cheap keyboard and bought a nice new one but I have run into the exact same problem since the...
  4. Certain keys not working most of the time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not working most of the time.: So with this Lenovo laptop, I've been encountering a problem where keys g, h, Esc, PgUp take a lot of clicks before finally inputting it. For example is when I try to press g, it doesn't show up, but suddenly after 5-10 seconds, the number of g's I pressed appears inside the...
  5. Windows Key + P shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key + P shortcut not working: Just today, my windows + P shortcut doesn't work. Every other shortcut works. My "P" key works. My Windows Key works. Other Windows Key + "?" key combos work. Ctrl + P works. I've checked the registry for values disabling it. Nothing found. Any Ideas? ASUS ROG...
  6. Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working: Hello, Recently my keybord keys P and backspace have stoped working. Ive tried many different things to fix this Factory reset, Updateing keybord drivers, Filter keys off But none have worked. My pc is a Asus laptop running on an outdated version of windows ten version...
  7. 0,p, ? and [ keys is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    0,p, ? and [ keys is not working: 0,p and [ keys is not working. lease help. what should i do. im crying right now[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0p-and-keys-is-not-working/9c5626ff-f985-4e2b-89b9-e6efb2fbe1e5
  8. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  9. Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Key + P -> Switch Display Not working: Windows Version 1803 I can't switch between single monitor and extend to multiple monitors using Windows Key + P I'm not certain what to look for. I searched and found posts about "DisplaySwitch.exe", but when I find it it doesn't do anything. Before when I would hip...
  10. Windows key+V and Windows key+P not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key+V and Windows key+P not working: The keyboard shortcuts to view clipboard history and pinned clipboard items isn't working for me as you can see I have it on but when I press the windows logo key+V nothing happens. and it is the keys, the windows key and V keys work just fine so I can't seem to think of a...