Windows 10: P2P Event Log error

Discus and support P2P Event Log error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by borgus, Mar 2, 2018.

1. borgus Win User

P2P Event Log error

Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Error pops up from time to time. All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason.
    It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, which can be disabled to hide the fault.

:)

borgus, Mar 2, 2018
  2. borate Win User

P2P Event log

Session "P2PLog" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Error pops up from time to time.

All articles addressing the issue have been studied, but none has offered a reason.

It's a benign error in the Kernel-Event Tracking log, and I am aware the log can be disabled to hide the fault.

borate, Mar 2, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    P2P Event log

Hi,

This issue is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Forums. For an in depth support, we recommend that you post this concern in our
    IT Pro TechNet forums. This forum is composed of IT professionals that
    can cater the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

John Vil, Mar 2, 2018
  4. P2P Event Log error

Are you doing some specific when this error pops up? What does the popup look like?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 3, 2018
  5. borgus Win User
    It's not a pop up, but a logged Event Viewer error. Can't pin down what triggers it.

borgus, Mar 3, 2018
  6. RickC Win User
    Have you turned Updates from more than one place to OFF (in Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advance options > Choose how updates are delivered)?

Have you used a third-party tool (e.g. ShutUp10, WinAero Tweaker or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4) to stop the default P2P uploads?

Have you stopped the Delivery Optimization service (perhaps as part of limiting Windows Updates)?

Have you amended the value for DODownloadMode in the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config

I suspect that all/any of these actions can result in that P2PLog errror if stopped/disabled.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 3, 2018
  7. borgus Win User
    OFF

No

No

No

Good observations, all. Thanks for the feedback.

borgus, Mar 4, 2018
  8. Eagle51 Win User

P2P Event Log error

Hey borgus,
    IIRC that P2P event error is associated with HomeGroup. If you're not using HomeGroup you can disable it and that should get rid of that event error. To disable HomeGroup, go to Services and find HomeGroup Listener and HomeGroup Provider and set their Startup Type to Disabled ... This will also remove HomeGroup from File Explorer.

Note: HomeGroup has been deprecated and will be removed in RS4.

Eagle51, Mar 4, 2018
  9. borgus Win User
    Thanks Eagle. I got wind of that some time ago, and HOMEGROUP has been disabled since, yet the error occasionally appears. No big deal.

borgus, Mar 4, 2018
  10. Eagle51 Win User
    If you haven't already ... check trace sessions in performance monitor
    Performance Monitor > Data Collection Sets > Event Trace Sessions and/or Startup Event Trace Sessions ... See if P2P is still listed and enabled. If it is you can disable it by right clicking on it > Properties > Trace Session Tab > Uncheck Enable

Eagle51, Mar 4, 2018
  11. borgus Win User
    The P2P "enabled" box is inactive, but has no check mark. The process is running.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

P2P Event Log error

1. P2P Event Log error - Similar Threads - P2P Event Log

2. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  3. Event Log Application Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Log Application Error: For our instrument Software, only for 5 Window log in user, i get following error, Other user no issue. please- In Advance Thanks with GratitudeLog Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/20/2022 4:38:47 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  4. p2p

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    p2p: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/p2p%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD%E5%99%A8%E6%80%8E%E4%B9%88/336c8ccf-a022-4c2c-bbb2-ac7d60a99ed0
  5. Error in Event log, Event ID 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in Event log, Event ID 10016: So my laptop been crashing very often for last week, I never had the chance to take the photo of the blue screen, its lightning fast to restart. I have seen this in my event log and wonder if it has anything to do with it. I have seen kernel errors, battery errors and this...
  6. AllJoyn Event Log Error

AllJoyn Event Log Error: Please explain the cause of the following error on my laptop Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1 Laptop Intel R Core TM i5-10210u 8 GB RAM Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 Windows Feature Exp Pack 120.2202.130.0 AllJoyn encountered an error 0x4 in module IPNS, file...
  7. Strange Event Error logged

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Event Error logged: This error logged has been identified on a machine on the network running Windows 10. What could be the cause, I have never heard of CVE 53 Event ID 2 Log Microsoft-Windows-Security-Mitigations Kernel Mode Type Warning Message Possible detection of CVE: 53 Additional...
  8. ESENT error in event log

ESENT error in event log: Can someone please explain the following event log error svchost 5776,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log -1023 (0xfffffc01) Thanks Russell...
  9. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  10. New Error in Event Log

in Windows 10 Support
    New Error in Event Log: Anybody know how to fix this issue please? The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user...