Windows 10: P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping

Discus and support P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently moved my 96-year old father into a retirement home and replaced hiscirca 2010 desktop with an All-In-One. I retained the desktop so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SeanBarrett1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping

I recently moved my 96-year old father into a retirement home and replaced hiscirca 2010 desktop with an All-In-One. I retained the desktop so I can access his files and accounts since I help to maintain is finances, taxes, online accounts, genealogy, and for any legal records. I would like to dispose of one extra PC in my home before the hardware is just too old to upgrade or catastrophically fails. Therefore, I migrated the physical image to a virtual one P2V, and have it running on my Xeon desktop. The VM seems to be working properly, but keeps complaining about Windows' authentication.

Can I either just ignore the reminder since I only use teh VM occasionally and briefly to check finances?

OR,

Can I follow the process to transfer teh Windows 10 physical license to a virtual license?

Here are some reference links:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-windows-10-license-microsoft-support/

Thanks to anyone who has an answer.

:)

SeanBarrett1, Dec 30, 2019
  2. mixtlzin Win User

Win 10 Pro activation after Physical to Virtual migration (P2V): error 0x803fa071

Hello,

I own a laptop (physical machine) where was installed Win 8.1 RTM Professional. Then, in June, I successfully upgraded it to Win 10 Pro and activated it for free, so that (thanks to ShowKeyPlus software) I am able to retrieve the following information:

Product Name: Win 10 Pro

Product ID: xxxx

Installed Key: xxxx

Original Key: xxxx

Original Edition: Win 8.1 RTM Professional OEMP2V Migration for historical recordkeeping :DM

OEM Key: xxxxx

OEM Edition: Win 8.1 RTM Professional OEMP2V Migration for historical recordkeeping :DM

Since I wanted to move the windows 10 installation from the physical to a virtual machine, I successfully managed the P2V migration. In fact, now I can perfectly boot Win 10 Pro in a VM. The only problem is that now its original "activated" status is actually
    lost, so is NOT activated.

Trying to reactivate it with the Original Key value results in Error 0x803fa071. So, I called the support to the number given by the "slui 4" output, which told me that this type of activation was not doable via phone. Moreover, they suggested me to write
    my problem in this forum and here I am.

Finally, how could I re-active my Win 10 Pro after a P2V migration? Should I transfer the license or what else?

Thanks for your customer orientation and clarifications.

mixtlzin, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping

1. P2V Migration for historical recordkeeping - Similar Threads - P2V Migration historical

2. Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search: Searching for some historical updates of Windows Server 2019, such as KB5008218, KB5015811, etc., on the Microsoft update website https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ does not yield any results. Directly linking from the knowledge base article to the manual download URL...
  3. Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019 historical updates cannot search: Searching for some historical updates of Windows Server 2019, such as KB5008218, KB5015811, etc., on the Microsoft update website https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ does not yield any results. Directly linking from the knowledge base article to the manual download URL...
  4. Mouse no longer functions like it historically has

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse no longer functions like it historically has: One two 2 new laptops work/personal, my mouse no longer functions like it historically has. Yes, I have tried un-loosening a stuck Shift, or Alt, or Ctrl key. Yes, I have tried On-Screen Keyboard [Insert] , which I think helped on next broken mouse issue below, but...
  5. Mouse no longer functions like it historically has

Mouse no longer functions like it historically has: One two 2 new laptops work/personal, my mouse no longer functions like it historically has. Yes, I have tried un-loosening a stuck Shift, or Alt, or Ctrl key. Yes, I have tried On-Screen Keyboard [Insert] , which I think helped on next broken mouse issue below, but...
  6. Mouse no longer functions like it historically has

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Creating PDF-files to save historic Emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating PDF-files to save historic Emails: Hello, I created a programm that saves Emails form Outlook via MS-Word to Adobe-PDF-files. The system comprises of Win 10 and Office 2019 Excel vba. While the programm was running following error occured: 2146893792 80090020 Laufzeitfehler im Sicherheitssystem.Can someone...
  8. Creating PDF-files to save historic Emails

Creating PDF-files to save historic Emails: Hello, I created a programm that saves Emails form Outlook via MS-Word to Adobe-PDF-files. The system comprises of Win 10 and Office 2019 Excel vba. While the programm was running following error occured: 2146893792 80090020 Laufzeitfehler im Sicherheitssystem.Can someone...
  9. Can you clear historical sleep study report ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you clear historical sleep study report ?: We are trying to generate the sleep study report to debug the SW DRIPS. If the system is put into Modern Standby for x amount of time, Is there a way to clear the historical report so that we just get the result for that x amount of time? Thanks!...
  10. Window 10 P2V convertion - windows update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 P2V convertion - windows update not working: Dear all, I recently upgrade my Laptop to windows 10 pro. And I took all my system back up and convert it in to VMware (.Vmdk file). Then I restored it in to our VMware as a VM. Now windows update and all Microsoft sites are not working. ....and getting below error. The VM...