Windows 10: P6X58D MOBO and memory problems

Discus and support P6X58D MOBO and memory problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; DDR 3 memory chips I have 3 x 2 and 2 x8. I noticed that memory usage was redlining and process explorer was showing 6b, so the 2 x 8 were not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChrisPbass, Aug 3, 2019.

1. P6X58D MOBO and memory problems

DDR 3 memory chips
    I have 3 x 2 and 2 x8. I noticed that memory usage was redlining and process explorer was showing 6b, so the 2 x 8 were not being recognized. This is after several years of this config. I moved the memory around and it started showing 12GB of memory, but I began having problems with windows starting and lock ups. this has not happened in a LONG time. Pulled the 2 x 8 and now the pc is OK but it's slow. This setup needs
    P6X58D MOBO and memory problems [​IMG]

P6X58D MOBO and memory problems [​IMG]
    more than 6GB, it's just slow.
    I have the 3 x 2 in a1 b1 c1. I have used the 2 x 8 before...where should they go according to the manual?

:)

ChrisPbass, Aug 3, 2019

2. P6X58D Premium or ASUS Rampage III Formula

I'd of said the P6X58D but lately I've been annoyed by the weird ram stepping on it. I can do 1200/1600/2000, not the crap in between like 1400/1800.

LAN_deRf_HA, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 3, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

P6X58D MOBO and memory problems

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

P6X58D MOBO and memory problems

1. P6X58D MOBO and memory problems - Similar Threads - P6X58D MOBO memory

2. memory problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    memory problem: CBS.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-problem/68a230c1-4685-42f6-9ace-7b88959f7d95
  3. Memory Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Problem: My PC kept blue-screening with the message "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", so I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool. However, I'm not sure what do to with it. I have attached the result of the test from event viewer. Any help would be appreciated!Result...
  4. BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E: Bios I bought new ram and I need to update my bios for Asus p6x58d-e. The bios does not recognize the thumb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-update-for-asus-p6x58d-e/56f33c12-5e96-48a3-9566-2aa0b29939cb
  5. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem: I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on the network ethernet adapter info on my computer that says ethernet cable disconnected when in fact it is connected and getting...
  6. Memory Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Problems: Hello, I Got An Kinda Old PC So I Put 4 Gigs Of Extra Ram In ItLenovo ThinkCentere Very OldBecause It Was To Slow. But Now 3 Gigs Of Ram Is hardware Reserved So I Can Only Use 2 GIGS of ram I Tried a Lot Of Tutorials On Youtube,Nothing Works. I Really Need The Extra 4Gbs...
  7. memory problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    memory problems: Hello, I have an Asus L402S with 28 GB drive space which is all occupied by files I don't know and I cant see what their sizes are. How can I find and delete these unnecessary files....
  8. RAM Or mobo ram slot problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Or mobo ram slot problem: Noobie here! Just wanna ask cause I'm having troubles determining whether the ram or ram slot is the problem in my pc. My pc's been recently having BSOD saying "Machine check exception". I've tried every solutions online but it doesnt fix the problem, every time I try to...
  9. GSATA Problems on Windows 10 Gigabyte Mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GSATA Problems on Windows 10 Gigabyte Mobo: I’m having a problem with my DVD Burner operation on Windows 10 that I think is related to the driver. Recently I moved the DVD Burner from one of the native SATA ports to one of two on-board GSATA ports. The second GSATA port is unconnected. These two GSATA ports are powered...
  10. Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Problem: Hello, I'm having an issue with memory. I've attached screen shots of both my memory usage & process tab. My system is using up 98% memory in idle. It does say "Non-paged pool @ 14.5gb". I'm not too sure what that means, but I do however think there is an issue with that....