Windows 10: package files

Discus and support package files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I play the sims 4 and almost all of downloaded content comes in package files. The files usually just automatically download without problems. Today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sl393lVB, Jul 10, 2020.

1. sl393lVB Win User

package files

I play the sims 4 and almost all of downloaded content comes in package files. The files usually just automatically download without problems. Today I get a message " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page". When I go to the default app settings page, there is no file extension for package or and abbreviation for package files pcg? in the default app settings page. Can you help me fix this? Ive never had any problems before today. It has to be a windows problem with the latest update. I use microsoft edge as my browser.

:)

sl393lVB, Jul 10, 2020

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 10, 2020
  4. package files

package files

I like to play the pc version of sims 2. On the home web sight, people have put some cool options to down load. They are coming on package files. I've got windows xp home on my computer, and they wont install for me. how are you supose to get the stuff in these files extracted or installed?

slammyjoesasafras, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

package files

1. package files - Similar Threads - package files

2. .cab file of language package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .cab file of language package: I downloaded the Spanish Mexico language pack at: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 x64 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1288 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 But windows update didn't download the .cab file or anything similar, it just downloaded a folder. I need the...
  3. .cab file of language package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .cab file of language package: I downloaded the Spanish Mexico language pack at: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 x64 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1288 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 But windows update didn't download the .cab file or anything similar, it just downloaded a folder. I need the...
  4. .cab file of language package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  6. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  7. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...: Hi,I have a persistent problem with Microsoft Store which is no longer loading after I did a Reset for this app. Just before it was loading but unable to update itself. I have tried all the usual recommendations to no avail. So I will opt for a Repair Upgrade but I'm...
  8. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...: Hi,I have a persistent problem with Microsoft Store which is no longer loading after I did a Reset for this app. Just before it was loading but unable to update itself. I have tried all the usual recommendations to no avail. So I will opt for a Repair Upgrade but I'm...
  9. Does a Windows 10 "Repair Upgrade" reset system files/folder permissions and/or the Package...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I reset my open with .package files to none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my open with .package files to none?: I accidentally made my .package files open with chrome and I want to change it back to none the white paper but when I'm at the screen to change it, there's no option to have it open with nothing...