Windows 10: Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive

Discus and support Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 12GB RAM, i7 processor - fully up to date according to windows update. For some reason my 1TB SSD was suddenly 100% full.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Megasux, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Megasux Win User

Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 12GB RAM, i7 processor - fully up to date according to windows update.

For some reason my 1TB SSD was suddenly 100% full.

Windows\Temp had 793GB of event files.

Reset windows app store

Reset windows update

Still getting 500 events logged per hour which is slowly filling my hard drive again.

There are two error messages logged for each event:

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.2_2.21909.17002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user ComputerID\UserID current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20.

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.2_2.21909.17002.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user ComputerID\UserID current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20.

So what is this Microsoft.UI.Xaml for and how do we stop it logging errors continually and filling up my hard drive?

It has been suggested that these messages are harmless and can be ignored. They are not harmless as they cripple my computer when the hard drive fills up. If they are not important then why log them?

:)

Megasux, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...s-and-roadmap/

Brink, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...s-and-roadmap/

Brink, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0

Source: Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0 - Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive - Similar Threads - Package Microsoft Xaml

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  4. Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive: I've got a problem that is occuring sporadically where Windows Updates will fill a drive to capacity - when we dig into the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder we inevitably find one update that just has dozens of copies of the update and they keep coming. Some of the PCs...
  5. 500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    500 GB Toshiba External Hard Drive.: Hi can anyone please help. Recently purchased the above unit, and it worked 100%, recently tried to backup my new computer [Windows 10 -Lenovo} and I now find, that my ex.hardrive only shows - 35 gb of free space it should be showing 465 gb ??????? .Please help/advise....
  6. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive completely filled in hours.: So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for college my C drive was no more than 50% full as I only store a few applications and the OS on it and I have separate hard...
  7. traffic per hour

traffic per hour: Hi anyone knows how to know which windows native application is using how much volume/per hour on the web? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traffic-per-hour/d91bee48-5f7e-4331-bb33-97383507aec3
  8. Laptop Clicking and 500 Hours To “Fix” C: Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Clicking and 500 Hours To “Fix” C: Drive: Hello, about 8 hours ago something went wrong with my C: drive, so windows decided to try and fix the problem, which doesn’t bother me at all. But why I am here right now is why it says it will take around 500 hours to fix... I am confused. What should I try to do in this...
  9. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...
  10. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834