Windows 10: package not registered error on picture files

Discus and support package not registered error on picture files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; trying to open my photos and keep getting package error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesdalthorp, Dec 25, 2019.

1. package not registered error on picture files

trying to open my photos and keep getting package error

:)

jamesdalthorp, Dec 25, 2019

2. "package could not be registered" error

Good Morning,

When I try to open my pictures I keep getting the error "package can not be registered". What does this mean and how can I fix it so I can view my pictures.

Thanks,

Denise

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

DeniseCamara, Dec 25, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. package not registered error on picture files

File system error (-2145042388)

Based on the information you provided, we suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error on the Windows App store as it can be one of the causes why your Photo app won't open your pictures.

Here are the steps:

• Press the
      Windows logo+
      Xbutton on your keyboard.

• ChooseCommand Prompt
      (Admin).

• Type in
      powershell.

• Copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us updated with the result.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

package not registered error on picture files

1. package not registered error on picture files - Similar Threads - package registered error

2. Package could not be registered Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package could not be registered Windows 11: I am currently experiencing two issues.Firstly, any photo or text document I attempt to open gives me the following response:Package could not be registered.Executing both a sfc /scannow and a DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in cmd and powershell did not...
  3. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package could not be registered: Hi I am unable to open any photos or videos. Instead get the pop up I get the message "package could not be registered". Done alot of searching for a solution but nothing works. The solution on the Microsoft Forum refers to using "reset" button in Advanced Options. But as the...
  4. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Package could not be registered: Hi I am unable to open any photos or videos. Instead get the pop up I get the message "package could not be registered". Done alot of searching for a solution but nothing works. The solution on the Microsoft Forum refers to using "reset" button in Advanced Options. But as the...
  5. Package Could Not be Registered

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Package Could Not be Registered: My Microsoft Store package is saying that it could not be registered and I need it to update my apps. Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks Aarav. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/package-could-not-be-registered/82119902-2df2-4273-a35f-3f66c57f1e60
  6. packaged not registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    packaged not registered: I cannot open any files on my lap top. It states "package not registered" Help all my work is on this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packaged-not-registered/bc7e973d-5fa8-49d8-88f4-9b2a2b316a5f"
  7. Package can not register

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Package can not register: I bought a newer computer and was forced to switch to Windows 10 AKA worthless!!! anyway I was getting by with it until I put it online and Microsoft forced a update on me. Now I have no control of settings, I cannot open my pictures and most everything is messed up just as...
  8. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Package could not be registered: Package could not be registered error when trying to open any office product. I have run sfc scan, dism, reset the photo app even though my photos are actually opening, and did a system restore. Its still giving me the same error....
  9. Package could not be registered

in Windows 10 News
    Package could not be registered: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 is one of the best applications that are available on the Windows 10 operating system. But it may throw up errors at times. One such error is the one that says, Package could [...] This post Package could not be...
  10. i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i get 'Class not registered' error in show picture: Hi and good time I have windows10 home and always use default photo app for showing pictures. I have problem with showing pictures recently , it will not show any pictures i get 'Class not registered' error anybody have any idea? Thanks 60673