Windows 10: Packages folder

Discus and support Packages folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is inside appdata/local/packages folder ? Does it store any personal file ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tril645, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Packages folder

What is inside appdata/local/packages folder ?

Does it store any personal file ?

:)

Tril645, Jun 16, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Packages folder

Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Packages folder

1. Packages folder - Similar Threads - Packages folder

2. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages: I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-and-opening-a-lost-file-in-app-data-local/4a7e29f1-96ad-47bb-b1ed-83119dbad4c0
  3. Can't download Speech package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Speech package: So today, I wanted to use Cortana for the first time. After a lot of work, I need to install the Speech package. But, when clicking download, nothing happens. It's a pointless button. What can I do?...
  4. Can't boot after Windows Update: dism /image:c:\ /remove-package produces error 14098 "The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot after Windows Update: dism /image:c:\ /remove-package produces error 14098 "The...: Hi there, I'm attempting to recover a Windows 10 installation that borked during a Windows Update reboot. It's running as a Guest in a VirtualBox VM on MacOS, which kernel panicked during the Windows reboot. Originally I received an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, which I...
  5. Caution on NVIDIA driver package.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caution on NVIDIA driver package.: Downloaded latest NVIDIA driver for my RTX2060 card. Install offered choice of the full package or simply the driver, I selected the former. This turned out to be "bloatware" consisting mainly of the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE and some games centred stuff. Immediately afterwards...
  6. package runtime information corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    package runtime information corrupted: I tried to view pictures and videos on my Windows 10 laptop and received the message "package runtime information corrupted" on each one of them. I performed the virus check and still receive the message. Online search leads mostly to a microsoftfixit site that is not real....
  7. Installing device driver as a package for the very first time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing device driver as a package for the very first time: How are we installing device driver as a package, for the very first time so is not listed in device manager, and only has .inf .cat, .sys and dll file type in it ? 140415
  8. Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted: I don't not know how the encryption has happened. I have Windows 10 Home. The following folders have become encrypted C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages D:\WindowsApps D:\WpSystem\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages New apps and files become...
  9. Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Visual Studio UWP App Packages Folder is built incorrectly.: Hello I have asked this question before in both the Windows and Visual Studio forums with out much success. The problem is still there and I am beginning to suspect Windows Pro (Two PCs now Fail) as the culprit. I thought I would try again with the notion that a...
  10. I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders: Hi, I think it's strange. In my C: these folders are protected, I cannot go inside them. Also, I know that Microsoft don't want users to go inside the folders related to the Modern App. I have many Modern Apps that are located to D: Today, I discovered that I have...