Windows 10: Packet loss and random internet drops

Discus and support Packet loss and random internet drops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] [img] I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McSweg, Apr 20, 2020.

1. McSweg Win User

Packet loss and random internet drops

Packet loss and random internet drops [​IMG]

Packet loss and random internet drops [​IMG]

I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of packet loss popping up in all the games I play)

I run my computer wired so it's not connected wireless. Not sure if any of this info means anything if something is bad here what is it and why? I don't really understand any of these things. Is there anything I need to bring up to my ISP? Thank you

:)

McSweg, Apr 20, 2020

2. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

My English isnt the best on the world, but i understood you suggest it gonna be the router issue?
    As i said before, i tried two diffrent places, with diffrent internet operators and routers. Both places works good on my second computer with windows 7, and both losses packets on my windows 10 computer.

PS
    I pinged Adobe.com and still got packet loss.

TY for your reply.

PS.
    To make it even more simple - i loss some packets even when ping my own router.
    But only from this computer…. still

masynmassino, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Experiencing Severe packet loss and high pings

Bump, the command spearman suggested boosted the d/l speed to 70kb/s, however it didn't fix the packet loss issue, the ping issue's still there but has much less of an effect.

crazy pyro, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Packet loss and random internet drops

Getting weird spikes of packet loss

At random intervals (often every minute or less) I will get packet loss. This is most noticeable and irritating when I am gaming. It doesn't matter what game they all do the same thing, ping stays the same but I will lose connection or just stand there. (There's almost a rubber band effect where on my screen I keep moving but then my connection catches up and I ping back to where I lost connection)

If I ping google in the CMD it usually goes like so:

ping -t www.gogle.com
    reply from google with 10ms etc (multiple times)
    Request timed out (When this happens I lose connection in my games)
    then it goes back to replies from google

packet loss will range between 1 and 5% on a constant basis.

I've contacted my ISP and they said my line is fine. So does this mean it's on my end?
    Secondly I was online in a game when this problem occurred, over night my connection dropped and then it reconnected and having this packet issue.

I've tried so many things but nothing works.
    • E.g changing MTU values
    • connecting directly to the modem (still gets the packet loss)
    • tracert to see which hops are bad (I didn't really understand what I saw tbh but nothing looked amiss)
    • power cycling the router and modem
    • connecting to the test socket
    • changing / sorting out the cables
    (I'm on TalkTalk Fibre broadboad by the way, my upload and download are fine)

Please help!! *Frown Packet loss and random internet drops :(

ShavenTortoise, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Packet loss and random internet drops

1. Packet loss and random internet drops - Similar Threads - Packet loss random

2. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  3. Network packet loss.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network packet loss.: my PC and wifi run fine normally, i have 200mbps and it get downloads fast. there is only 1 thing wrong and thats why im here to seek help.randomly in about 2 minute intervals but still random just not frequent i get complete inbound packet loss.so if im downloading something...
  4. Windows 11 drops packets randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drops packets randomly: so, i was returing from using linux for about half a year or so, it worked great, flawlessly with my machine, and i tried booting in with my win11 drive. everything ran pretty much better except that it took longer to open anything.worst thing i encountered was that the...
  5. Windows 11 drops packets randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drops packets randomly: so, i was returing from using linux for about half a year or so, it worked great, flawlessly with my machine, and i tried booting in with my win11 drive. everything ran pretty much better except that it took longer to open anything.worst thing i encountered was that the...
  6. packet loss

packet loss: how can i stop getting packet loss in the games i play im one a wired connection and i already contacted my internet provider and they said everything was good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packet-loss/d0b7b7f2-121e-4fac-9d73-8e4933b61cea
  7. Packet Loss

Packet Loss: I have been experiencing packet loss with the wifi at my college, but it seems that only i am the one having struggles. my roommate is on the same wifi as me and gets a lower ping, and 0 packet loss. is there a problem with my laptop?...
  8. 100% Packet Loss

100% Packet Loss: I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days now. My wifi works but I either I can't connect to a game or I am getting massive ping spikes every couple of seconds....
  9. LAN packet loss

LAN packet loss: Hello , This is a strange one, every test of ping i got a packet loss using Ethernet cable but when i use WI-FI adapter it's work fine (no packet loss) . Im sure that the router is OK and my hardware & software (motherboard) is OK, i tested with same pc a portable Linux...
  10. Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lossing Internet Packets only on Windows 10: Hello, when i bought computer with windows 10 i realized, i got normal ping, but sometimes i got weird delay in League of Legends. Then i turned ON cs go, with net_graph, which showed me loss from 0 to 2%. Then i went to console, and pinged LOL IP, and look at this raports...