Windows 10: padlock

Discus and support padlock in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a padlock on my desktop that stays there all the time how do I get rid of it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrahamResmer71, Mar 23, 2020.

1. padlock

I have a padlock on my desktop that stays there all the time how do I get rid of it

:)

GrahamResmer71, Mar 23, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Corsair Introduces Flash Padlock Secure USB 2.0 Drives

Corsair today launched the "Flash Padlock” family of affordable USB 2.0 drives, the safest way to secure your data while on the go. Priced starting at only $29.99, the Flash Padlock line of affordable USB 2.0 flash drives address the need for secure data storage through hardware technology, rather than software. Flash Padlock features "Auto-Locking," so the user doesn’t need to remember to enable the protective feature - It will automatically lock and protect itself after removal from the computer.

padlock flash_padlock72_thm.jpg

With its simple touch-pad security PIN entry system, Flash Padlock can be unlocked quickly and confidentially for use as a standard USB flash data drive. Flash Padlock is impervious to “brute force” hacks or keystroke loggers that would defeat a software secured USB flash drive.

Flash Padlock is immediately available in two capacities:
    • Flash Padlock 1GB ~ $29.99 USD MSRP
    • Flash Padlock 2GB ~ $39.99 USD MSRP
    Flash Padlock Security Features Include:
    • Hardware-Enabled Auto-Lock Function: Device Auto-Locks in 15 seconds after removal from computer.
    • User Customizable Security PIN - User sets unique security PIN (up to 10 digits long) for unlocking device.
    • Platform Independent: Works on Windows, MAC and Linux platforms without the use of additional software.
    • Easy to Use: Direct keypad access and indicator lights make locking/unlocking simple and understandable.
    “The Corsair Flash Padlock is one of the most secure USB flash drive solutions on the market today,” said Jack Peterson, VP of Marketing at Corsair. “Corsair has built the Flash Padlock specifically for those customers with concerns about inadequate software-based security solutions on a USB flash drive. The designed hardware security feature puts these concerns to rest,” continued Peterson.

Corsair Flash Padlock 1GB and 2GB products are available immediately through Corsair’s authorized distributors and resellers world-wide, priced at $29.99 USD MSRP and $39.99 USD MSRP respectively. Corsair Flash Padlock products are backed by a 3-year Limited Warranty. In addition, a PIN registration service and complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and TS Xpress are also available.

Source: Corsair

malware, Mar 23, 2020
  3. n0yal Win User
    Unlocked Padlock/Padlock on the "My Computer in devices and drives" on Surface Pro 4

I was so scared about my laptop. I accidently clicked on something that was a virus and trend Mirco stopped it which is good. I ran some whole computer scans and everything (luckily trend micro and windows
    defender was there to help me.) So while scanning I went to look at drive and saw there was a padlock, I was scared out of my heads at this moment and when Trend Mirco said all clear of any virus after whole computer scan i just wanted to check if the padlock
    meant files had been accessed.

This is what I had: Imgur

Would you also know a way to make sure a virus is completely gone when they says its gone?

n0yal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Poppysdad Win User

padlock

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi I have the same problem that the recommendation you suggested doesn't cover.

When you use the disc clean up facility....you see a list of things to clean up and you tick what you wish....i.e. recycle bin, temp files, temp internet files and so on.

Just recently there is a padlock in the "tick box" against temporary internet files meaning none can be deleted in this disc clean up area and of course the file size grows and grows....so how can we delete them or more importantly how can we remove the
    padlock and go back to how it was! Note lap top and other devices all ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Poppysdad, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

padlock

1. padlock - Similar Threads - padlock

2. I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my...: I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my old device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-and-it-shows-my-obnedrive/12be079e-d560-44d0-ac66-352420384409
  3. I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my...: I have a new computer and it shows my obnedrive files with a padlock but they open on my old device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-and-it-shows-my-obnedrive/12be079e-d560-44d0-ac66-352420384409
  4. padlock symbols after reset how to fix it?

padlock symbols after reset how to fix it?: I reset my pc using remove everything with clean data option enabled after reset now in file explorer it was showing padlock symbols and unlock symbol how to fix it??I even logged in with my Microsoft account which was used previously....
  5. padlock symbols after reset how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    padlock symbols after reset how to fix it?: I reset my pc using remove everything with clean data option enabled after reset now in file explorer it was showing padlock symbols and unlock symbol how to fix it??I even logged in with my Microsoft account which was used previously....
  6. Photos have padlock on them and unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos have padlock on them and unable to open: Hi,I have an external HD which I have numerous folders with photos in them. I have some folders where it is telling me that I don't have permission to open the photo when I click on it. It is not every folder only certain ones and every photo in the folder has a padlock on...
  7. Photos have padlock on them and unable to open

Photos have padlock on them and unable to open: Hi,I have an external HD which I have numerous folders with photos in them. I have some folders where it is telling me that I don't have permission to open the photo when I click on it. It is not every folder only certain ones and every photo in the folder has a padlock on...
  8. Padlock on windows 10 screen suddenly appeared 9/26/2023 around 2:30 pm PT. Need the fix,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Padlock on windows 10 screen suddenly appeared 9/26/2023 around 2:30 pm PT. Need the fix,...: what is the fix for a padlock icon suddenly appearing on my windows 10 computer? First I thought it was just in Facebook, but even when I closed out of facebook, there it is, at my desktop level, flashing back and forth open closed open closed open closed. Black and white...
  9. Padlock on windows 10 screen suddenly appeared 9/26/2023 around 2:30 pm PT. Need the fix,...

Padlock on windows 10 screen suddenly appeared 9/26/2023 around 2:30 pm PT. Need the fix,...: what is the fix for a padlock icon suddenly appearing on my windows 10 computer? First I thought it was just in Facebook, but even when I closed out of facebook, there it is, at my desktop level, flashing back and forth open closed open closed open closed. Black and white...
  10. Padlock on windows 10 screen suddenly appeared 9/26/2023 around 2:30 pm PT. Need the fix,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corsair padlock win10