Windows 10: PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?

Discus and support PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm getting recently many "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD and I think it happens only when I'm using torrent downloads. I saw some related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tomg23, Nov 29, 2015.

1. tomg23 Win User

PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?

Hi,
    I'm getting recently many "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD and I think it happens only when I'm using torrent downloads.
    I saw some related posts with similar issues, but they all about DELL laptops, and I own Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro with windows 10 home edition that came with it.
    According to what I saw in the dump files and in other threads, I understood it may be related to my wireless adapter (Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter)
    Of course I checked for updates from Lenovo, but I'm using the last one (7.35.307.0_WHQL)

I'm attaching the zip you request, but I have another MEMORY.DMP in C:\windows which was created during the last crash.
    It's kinda big (100 Mb zipped), so tell me if you want me to upload it and where.
    I'm attaching also the event viewer logs which I cleaned right before the last crash, you can see the critical and the reboot at around 18:30 GMT+0 .

Please tell me if anything else is needed, I'm willing to send all the information and logs that require to fix this issue.

:)

tomg23, Nov 29, 2015
  2. Techtrick Win User

page fault in nonpaged areas win 10

Hi,

my computer starting showing a new BSOD stating "page fault in nonpaged areas" .The computer keeps on restarting and every time I get the same BSOD.

When i inserted the bootable usb ,I selected the setup option and again the BSOD (page fault in nonpaged areas) appears .

I can't even restart in safe mode because again I get the BSOD.

earlier my computer was stuck in an infinite automatic repair loop and suddenly when I turned it ON the next time I got the BSOD (page fault in nonpaged areas)..

So please help me fast..

Techtrick, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Techtrick Win User
    Infinite automatic repair loop win 10

Hi,

the next time in turned on my computer to implement the solution, my computer gave a new
    BSOD stating "page fault in nonpaged areas" .The computer keeps on restarting and every time I get the same BSOD.

When i inserted the bootable usb ,I selected the setup option and again the
    BSOD (page fault in nonpaged areas)
    appears .

I can't even restart in safe mode because again I get the BSOD.

So please help me fast..

Techtrick, Nov 29, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi tomg23,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section and I am self quite busy.

Your network driver has been flagged in the crashes until 28th.
    I suggest to check Lenovo for driver updates for the network driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys 3: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a start end module name fffff801`fe940000 fffff801`ff667000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys Image name: bcmwl63a.sys Timestamp: Tue Aug 25 09:17:57 2015 (55DC16A5) CheckSum: 00B2394F ImageSize: 00D27000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  5. tomg23 Win User
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I already checked for updates but there are none :/ this is the latest...
    I saw some similar issues with DELL laptops also with network drives so I thought maybe it has to do something with windows.

tomg23, Dec 1, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Try to install the newest version anyway, it could be that this driver is corrupted and corruption is only solved with a reinstallation of the driver.

axe0, Dec 1, 2015
  7. tomg23 Win User
    Well, I uninstalled the latest Lenovo driver and left with an older version of the driver provided by broadcom (screen shot below).
    Until now, there were no BSOD.
    I hope that solved the problem, but I don't know what are the bad effects of this downgrade, and I can't be sure there will be no BSOD in the future.

Attachment 51596

tomg23, Dec 1, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

No bluescreens is never garanteed.

The side-effect of this action is that you must update eventually, because this driver will give trouble in the future.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting? - Similar Threads - PAGE FAULT BSOD

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming

BSOD with PAGE FAULT Random when gaming: I get random bsod when playing games etc or browsing internet. I tried SFC DISM no way to restore windows to previous versions - grayed out I am 1909 VERSION 16GB RAM 2700X AMD RYZEN RTX 2070 SUPERGAMING OC X470 Asrock Master Sli no AV software installled just...
  6. BSOD when trying to launch fortnite "page fault not in page area"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when trying to launch fortnite "page fault not in page area": I have tried to check my memory, done several YT tutorials and changed settings in the anti cheat software, uninstalled the .sys files of the anticheat software, but nothing seems to work. I get this same message every time. It was a fault from rzudd.sys at first, but then I...
  7. BSOD page fault in no pages area

BSOD page fault in no pages area: For a few weeks now I've been getting BSOD mostly while using internet browser (chrome). I've tried all the trouble shooting step including anti virus scans, registry clean ups, dusting out computer vents, changing settings for paging, adjusting chrome settings etc. I have...
  8. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy: Hi guys! I keep getting BSOD's when running utorrent or other HDD heavy things like netflix etc, sometimes after only a few seconds; other times i can download the file (variable sizes; 1-10 gig) no problem; and the computer BSOD's when running idle with utorrent up....
  9. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting: Hello, I just bought an Asus Laptop, and ever since I bought it, it´s been having the same issue, BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, but it only happens while torrenting. At first, I thought it was faulty RAM, so I asked for a new PC (same model) on the store I bought it,...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Page Fault in Non Paged Area (Only while torrenting)

Windows 10 BSOD Page Fault in Non Paged Area (Only while torrenting): Hello I was wondering if anyone could help with an issue on my Windows PC as to why I keep getting BSOD only during Torrent downloads in Windows 10. It always happens during the downloading of Torrents not the start of the program. I have swapped several torrent clients and...