Windows 10: Page file causing a bootloop?

Discus and support Page file causing a bootloop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to make sense of why my machine started acting up and getting constant BSODs after shutting down or restarting from desktop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/megidlolaon__, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Page file causing a bootloop?

I've been trying to make sense of why my machine started acting up and getting constant BSODs after shutting down or restarting from desktop.

The error in question is "PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA." Checked online, and the only thing that seems to work consistently is disabling the page file completely from advanced options. Must've checked my RAM (16gb) and drivers a dozen times by now, all are good. I can get into safe mode just fine.

I do know that Windows was designed to work with a page file intact for memory purposes though, so I'd like to keep it on as much as possible. But is there any way for me to get past this BSOD error without disabling the page file? Please help!

submitted by /u/megidlolaon__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/megidlolaon__, Sep 23, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Page File

I would never turn off your page file. Ever. EVER! I put my page file on a separate partition in the middle of the HD, so it is about 2% faster! If you have to mess with your page file, do what I did.

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 23, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Page file causing a bootloop?

Paging File

No. Wrong. Always "lock" it at a specific value. Using the pagefile like that will cause it to constantly expand and contract, that alone will hinder performnce. Additionally the pagefile will get fragmented if you do that. I'd suggest 512/512 like some of the others who posted in here (and now me)

Thema:

Page file causing a bootloop?

1. Page file causing a bootloop? - Similar Threads - Page file causing

2. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootloop: installing and uninstalling programs on my new pc, the next day it went into a boot loop of death with a variety of codes.I've tried reinstalling windows on top, blue screen as its getting the files ready between 8-16%Tried with a new ssd becuase i thought it was corrupted...
  3. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootloop: installing and uninstalling programs on my new pc, the next day it went into a boot loop of death with a variety of codes.I've tried reinstalling windows on top, blue screen as its getting the files ready between 8-16%Tried with a new ssd becuase i thought it was corrupted...
  4. Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop: HelloWhenever i turn on my pc i face a bootloop unless i repeatedly press F8 key. I dont know if it is a hardware problem or software. Whenever i press F8 it boots normal. If i dont press F8 it would just show the windows icon and not bootup....
  5. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootloop: Dear smart people of reddit, I need your dire support because foolish little me decided to download a shady file from the web. Told me to update a few drivers and now it's stuck In a bootloop, telling me "system thread exception not handled". It then proceeds to an hp screen...
  6. Page fault in nonpaged area problem bootloop

Page fault in nonpaged area problem bootloop: Hello good day, I hope you could help me, I have a problem with my computer, when starting and loading, it freezes and restarts boot loop, when restarts it tries to do a "preparing automatic repair" but before being able to do it, the loading screen freezes again and blue...
  7. Bootloop

Bootloop: My computer is stuck in a loop where i cant boot up properly. Ive been getting the bad system config error. Ive looked up a couple of different fixes but none of them seem to work. There is one solution ive seen involving using the bootrec command in prompt but i cant seem to...
  8. Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update causes system to go into dead bootloop: Heyo! So I'm part of the fast ring for windows insider and after downloading the latest update that I think was sent to my system on Saturday or Sunday I restarted the system last night to do the update. However, it started doing its usual thing and did it's first...
  9. Bootloop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootloop: I recently dropped my Asus laptop and it is stuck in a bootloop it will turn on and go to the repair option screen but wont fix it goes into a bootloop I only have my phone that I can download onto but I have a c port to USB device is there anyway I can fix this issue...
  10. Ram upgrade cause large page file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ram upgrade cause large page file: I have a ssd, upgrade from 4 to 8gb of ram and noticed the page file got larger.. When I remove the 4gb I added then it goes back to its previous size Why is this? 124232