Windows 10: Page file increase or not?

Discus and support Page file increase or not? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. I have a Lenovo ideapad D330. Specs: 64GB SSD, 4GB ram, Windows 10 pro, Intel Celeron N4000 1.10 Ghz x 2ALL SOLDERED EXCEPT FOR THE DRIVE i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregdenton, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Page file increase or not?

Hi there.

I have a Lenovo ideapad D330. Specs: 64GB SSD, 4GB ram, Windows 10 pro, Intel Celeron N4000 1.10 Ghz x 2ALL SOLDERED EXCEPT FOR THE DRIVE i think It's running good no problems. I've just installed HDSDR to run my RTL.SDR dongle. My laptop has started to freeze now and then for like milliseconds whenever I move the cursor around but when I stop its fine and freezers way less. I'm hoping to improve its performance. I opened task manager without HDSDR running and I only have about 1GB available. I have been searching but not confident enough to make any changes cause she has been running so well for the last year. Please advise.

Thanks

Greg Page file increase or not? f408049e-77d7-4957-86dc-7b4aa9a1b59b?upload=true.jpg

:)

gregdenton, Dec 22, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Dec 22, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Demos_sav Win User

Page file increase or not?

Paging file

While I was trying to coneect to a server on Battlefield 2142 it crashed and Windows XP gave an error that my pc was out of virtual memory and that i should increase my paging file. I've done that before but I can't remember where it is*Stick Out Tongue Page file increase or not? :p

Demos_sav, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Page file increase or not?

1. Page file increase or not? - Similar Threads - Page file increase

2. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  3. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  4. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  5. Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive: Since I first installed Win 10 Pro in April 2020, my system-managed page file on C:\ was always around 6GB. With 32GB of RAM, I've had no problems at all. Last week, I replaced 1 ten year old 1TB Seagate HDD storage drive with a 2TB WD HDD. Imagine my surprise to see my...
  6. Should I increase Page File To Make Win 10 Faster?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I increase Page File To Make Win 10 Faster?: I have an old Lenovo G575 running Win 10 64 bit, 4Gbt Ram, 1GHz AMD C-50 Processor, 500Gbt HDD. Its a very slow machine and I am trying to get the best performance out of it. The HDD is about 25% full and I have defragmented. Should I let windows manage the page file or...
  7. Does increasing the page size increase performance in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does increasing the page size increase performance in windows 10 ?: Or what other options to increase performance submitted by /u/Sincjefe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ji4x7k/does_increasing_the_page_size_increase/
  8. Non-Paged RAM increases with every session

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Paged RAM increases with every session: Title says it all, this issue has been pestering me for a while and I'd like some help! Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/Shterz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fafwh5/nonpaged_ram_increases_with_every_session/
  9. paged pool memory increasing over time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    paged pool memory increasing over time: hi I have a same problem as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paged-pool-memory-increasing-over-time/53a36e46-777c-424f-bc58-dfa09f199352 I did reset windows and updated it but nothing changed. could someone help me please?...
  10. Non-paged pool very high and increasing

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-paged pool very high and increasing: I have 16GB of RAM in my computer and my memory usage keeps getting up to 99% with little use. Every time I restart my computer the non-paged pool goes down to around 200MB but after about an hour it is up to 10GB. I only have Google chrome open with 5 tabs. I have updated...