Windows 10: Page file moved

Discus and support Page file moved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 has unexpectedly but thankfully moved my page file from drive D to drive C. I say thankfully because it was causing, with office and click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RodneyNewman, May 19, 2020.

1. Page file moved

Windows 10 has unexpectedly but thankfully moved my page file from drive D to drive C. I say thankfully because it was causing, with office and click to run, 100% disc usage on drive D with the page file there.

Is this normal Windows behaviour or is there something sinister going on?

:)

RodneyNewman, May 19, 2020
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, May 19, 2020
  3. RadeonX2 Win User
    disabling page file?

NO, don't remove the paging file even though you have lots of ram to waste on page file is still needed for windows to work properly. Well if you have a 2nd HDD try putting the page file there as far as I know moving the page file in different HDD with no system files on improves performance.

RadeonX2, May 19, 2020
  4. Page file moved

Move page file to another partition -Should I?

If you move the page file to a new partition in the center of the drive, performance increases by 2-3%. I have done it, but not really worth it IMO for the casual user.

PVTCaboose1337, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Page file moved

1. Page file moved - Similar Threads - Page file moved

2. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  3. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  4. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Page File and hiberfil to another disk - Windows 10: Hello, I have one SSD and one HDD. now Windows 10 installed in SSD. How can I move Page File and hiberfil to HDD from SDD? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  6. Paging File

Paging File: Hi I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I calculate it in case I increase the memory?...
  7. Can no longer move the page file

Can no longer move the page file: I have Win 10 on an SSD and have always been able to set the pagefile to none on it and use an internal HD for the page file. After doing a clean install of win 10 pro Windows insists on creating a temporary page file anyway. [ATTACH] But the settings are correct....
  8. Display or page moves to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display or page moves to the left.: when I go to another page ,my page will go to the left to blank page then comes back to the page before that I was on.This happens when I go to move up the page to search or read.This just started out of the blue one day about a month ago. I have to click on the page first...
  9. Paging files or not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging files or not?: Hi! I currently have a laptop with a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 and an HDD mainly for games and storage. In terms of paging I have system-managed size paging files for the SSD and for both partitions of the HDD. Would I experience any improvements in performance by not...
  10. Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?: I was wondering if there would be an advantage to moving the paging file to a separate partition on the same SSD keeping all the software on the "C" Drive & games on "E" Drive. Or Would this only work if I used another SSD of 30gb size ? I am wondering this through...