Windows 10: Page file on faster SSD

Discus and support Page file on faster SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 8GB ram with a 120GB Sata 3 SSD and several hard disk drives. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. The page file is managed by Windows. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arnoldh, Jun 9, 2018.

1. arnoldh Win User

Page file on faster SSD

I have 8GB ram with a 120GB Sata 3 SSD and several hard disk drives. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. The page file is managed by Windows.

I've added a faster 256GB PCIe 3.0 SSD. I'm mainly using this new drive for data, but should I tell Windows to put the page file on the faster SSD?

:)

arnoldh, Jun 9, 2018
  2. HairyFool Win User

Windows 10 SSD Boot and Sleep faliure

Windows cannot stop the BIOS recognising the SSD. If at any time you can go into the BIOS and the SSD is not listed then you have an (intermittent) hardware fault. It does not matter what the precursor steps are if the hardware was OK it must be listed

Step 6 is categorical, you have a hardware fault. BIOS device recognition is always before drivers load so they cannot affect the process

HairyFool, Jun 11, 2018
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Page file on faster SSD

1. Page file on faster SSD - Similar Threads - Page file faster

2. Invert Files to select files faster on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Invert Files to select files faster on Windows: When it comes to selecting files in File Explorer, Windows users have plenty of options. From left-clicking to selecting individual files to drawing a rectangle around files for selection. Keyboard shortcuts help further: holding down the Shift-key while left-clicking on...
  3. What's faster? A SSD card or a NVMe with a USB 3 enclosure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's faster? A SSD card or a NVMe with a USB 3 enclosure?: Unfortunately I do not have a PCIe slot available *Sad But I have a SATA port available. And many USB 3 ports too. Thank you guys :) 175313
  4. Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces new and faster 870 Evo SATA SSD: [img] New 870 EVO is ideal for both general and professional use 38% higher random read performance speeds up everyday computing tasks 30% improved sustained performance further extends SSD endurance Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology,...
  5. Should I increase Page File To Make Win 10 Faster?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I increase Page File To Make Win 10 Faster?: I have an old Lenovo G575 running Win 10 64 bit, 4Gbt Ram, 1GHz AMD C-50 Processor, 500Gbt HDD. Its a very slow machine and I am trying to get the best performance out of it. The HDD is about 25% full and I have defragmented. Should I let windows manage the page file or...
  6. Page file/scratch disk on faster non-OS drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Page file/scratch disk on faster non-OS drive?: Now I suspect the answer is that I will not notice any difference but I have an older 250GB 500/500 (read/write) SATA SSD as C: with Windows 10 running on it and I am getting a WD Black SN750 m.2 nvme with 1TB and approx 3000/2000 (read/write) as E:. I'd rather not reinstall...
  7. Paging file on an SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paging file on an SSD?: Is it a good idea to even use a paging file/virtual memory on an SSD? If i remember correctly, SSDs have a limit to how much is read and wrote to before they start to lose their holding ability. submitted by /u/DeezNutspacito [link] [comments]...
  8. Apps NOT faster after adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps NOT faster after adding an SSD: Apps NOT faster after adding an SSD. I added an Crucial SSD of 240GB. Installed Windows 10. It works fine. Windows boots faster and shuts down faster too. Windows is already updated and Defender too. Drivers are perfect. My PC is an i5-2400 at 3.1GHZ with 8GB RAM....
  9. Copy files faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files faster!: Good evening, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Is it nice to tell me how can I copy it to internal HDD faster? I mention that I tried using the Windows 10 Home utility and it takes over 3 hours. Thank you! Wait for response! A...
  10. Should I Disable Paging File On My SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Disable Paging File On My SSD?: Hi, should I disable Page file in my Windows? I have 120GB SSD & I found some articles in the Internet that, paging file should be disabled on SSD. By the way, I have 16GB RAM. 42782