Windows 10: Page File Query

Discus and support Page File Query in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardC, Jun 30, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Page File Query

I only have 4 gigs memory. Dell says I can only upgrade to 6 gigs but Crucial says 2 banks of 4 gigs is okay. MS recommends my page file to be set at 1394 megs. I've read that 2 x memory total is a number to shoot at. That would be around 8 gig page file. Space is not a problem. (around 840 gigs free) Will setting page file to 8 gigs be okay? Will it affect computer's performance?

:)

RichardC, Jun 30, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Page File Query

Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Page File Query

1. Page File Query - Similar Threads - Page File Query

2. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  3. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  4. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  5. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  6. File explorer query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  7. File Manager query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Manager query: I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden...
  8. Word: Page display order query

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word: Page display order query: Probably a really simple question, but I do not know the answer... In Word, the zoom is 100% and if I have multiple pages, they show up 3 pages in a row. How do I get the pages to align one on top of the other? Word used to do one page on top of the other, but now it shows 3...
  9. file encryption query

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption query: ive never bothered with file encryption before. but iam strongly considering it.. the question is, when you encrypt a file or folder, can you still download a program or images into it?*Shock 94501
  10. Windows file system query

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file system query: Hi there mounting one external NTFS formatted USB HDD on to a Linux Network File server system I got the following message : [root@gudmundur jim]# mount /dev/sdb2 -t auto -o rw /mnt/DV0 The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0). The file system wasn't safely...