Windows 10: Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive

Discus and support Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I first installed Win 10 Pro in April 2020, my system-managed page file on C:\ was always around 6GB. With 32GB of RAM, I've had no problems at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OvenMaster, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive

Since I first installed Win 10 Pro in April 2020, my system-managed page file on C:\ was always around 6GB. With 32GB of RAM, I've had no problems at all. Last week, I replaced 1 ten year old 1TB Seagate HDD storage drive with a 2TB WD HDD. Imagine my surprise to see my system-managed page file now at 33.5GB. Um... I don't think I need a page file that big. Yes? No?

:)

OvenMaster, Jun 16, 2021
  2. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

• How exactly did you increase the size of the drive?
    • Did you use any third party software or application?
    • Did you use Storage Pool to increase the size of the drive?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 16, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive

1. Page file size increases 5X after adding a bigger storage drive - Similar Threads - Page file size

2. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  3. Unable to increase size of storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to increase size of storage space: I have added 2 drives to my Windows 11 Storage Pool, but the size of my Storage Space has not increased. It seems there should be a "Change" button next to the Storage Space where I can resize it, but there is no such button. How can I resize the Storage Space to use the...
  4. bigger font size not page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bigger font size not page: I now have windows 11 on my PC. I need the text larger but I want the page to remain the same, not to zoom in on the entire page. How do I do that? I only see their solution to zoom in to make EVERYthing bigger. I hate that option. Please Help....
  5. bigger font size not page

bigger font size not page: I now have windows 11 on my PC. I need the text larger but I want the page to remain the same, not to zoom in on the entire page. How do I do that? I only see their solution to zoom in to make EVERYthing bigger. I hate that option. Please Help....
  6. Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file size for the files not in the drive is increasing: Today I was checking my storage using Treesize. I found out that my drive is using 60.8 GB of my storage. When I went to the storage settings it said that my drive is using 63.1 GB of my storage. Yesterday when I checked my storage on the storage settings it was 60 GB of my...
  7. Page file increase or not?

Page file increase or not?: Hi there. I have a Lenovo ideapad D330. Specs: 64GB SSD, 4GB ram, Windows 10 pro, Intel Celeron N4000 1.10 Ghz x 2ALL SOLDERED EXCEPT FOR THE DRIVE i think It's running good no problems. I've just installed HDSDR to run my RTL.SDR dongle. My laptop has started to freeze now...
  8. File sizes about 9.000x bigger after copying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File sizes about 9.000x bigger after copying: Help! New phenomenon for me. Running an iPhone X and a win10-pc. Transferred 1.000 Fotos using the explorer (the way I’ve always done). After I moved (not copied!) the pictures I check them on the pc and it turns out that lots and lots of them are shown to be about 10 GB...
  9. How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive: Ok, let's get some requirements of this post out of the way, as it's irrelevant and I've always had this issue but only joined tenforums.com just now to seek advice from other Windows 10 users: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) But I must...
  10. How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to PROPERLY adjust storage space size (maximum) after adding drive: Ok, let's get some requirements of this post out of the way, as it's irrelevant and I've always had this issue but only joined tenforums.com just now to seek advice from other Windows 10 users: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.657) But I must...