Windows 10: Page file - temporary creation warning at startup

Discus and support Page file - temporary creation warning at startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All, I've moved the pagefile to an external, USB 3, RAID0 volume thinking I would try and get the best out of my workstation (is that a silly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Eamoex, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Eamoex Win User

Page file - temporary creation warning at startup

Hello All,

I've moved the pagefile to an external, USB 3, RAID0 volume thinking I would try and get the best out of my workstation (is that a silly thing to do in the first place? Sounds like a good idea to me anyway).

For one I can't see the pagefile on the volume in question. And then Windows 10 keeps throwing this warning at startup ("Windows has created a temporary pagefile because of a problem" or something similar).

What's going on?

:)

Eamoex, Jan 21, 2019
  2. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Page file - temporary creation warning at startup

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Page file - temporary creation warning at startup

1. Page file - temporary creation warning at startup - Similar Threads - Page file temporary

2. Temporary black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  3. Temporary black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  4. Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Files: Hello im just wondering if the downloads on the temporary files below are safe to delete. will this delete just the temporary files or my actual downloaded files? because its too big to be just the temporary files, right? or is it normal and i can delete that safely without...
  5. Temporary IPv6 Address Creation and logging

Temporary IPv6 Address Creation and logging: I have seen wide differences in the way some hosts create their temporary IPv6 addresses. Some only have a few, while some have hundreds. This leads me to trying to find the answers to several questions, which so far have eluded me. I am aware that this feature can be...
  6. Temporary files

Temporary files: I keep getting the error message stating that my disc space on my computer is almost full. The file manager states that 184 of my 235 GB are in temporary files, but when I go into the section to clean it up it only shows 5 gigs of data. Secondly, when I clean those 5 gigs,...
  7. Warning message at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Warning message at startup: I get a message at startup saying "Microsoft Account Problem, click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" Is this real or spam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/warning-message-at-startup/10b9600f-bade-436c-812a-c77be40eb6b7"
  8. Temporary files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary files: Previous Windows installations, if these are deleted does it impact on restore points? Need to free up space on C drive which is the windows drive, drive D is for Data etc....
  9. Temporary files

Temporary files: Is there a place in the Windows 10 settings to delete temporary internet files and cookies when I clear my browsing history? If so, can you tell me how? If not, what do I need to do so all temporary internet files and cookies will be deleted at the same time I clear my...
  10. windows created a temporary paging file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows created a temporary paging file...: I recently got this error message every time I started my machine. [ATTACH] I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file on C driver. Why??? [ATTACH] I don't have this issue before. I don't change any setting on my computer recently. The error...