Windows 10: Page jumps back to top

Discus and support Page jumps back to top in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too. Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JWHendry4, Oct 29, 2019.

1. JWHendry4 Win User

Page jumps back to top

This is a crazy problem but it will drive you crazy, too.

Imagine a picture folder with 100 pictures. That many icons won't fit on one page. So you scroll down to the picture you want to rename. Highlight that picture, and while you're thinking about what to name it, the page pops back up to the top. Your file is still highlighted, but it's now off the screen.

You scroll down to it again (it's still highlighted), but you delay a bit and poof...the page pops back up to the top.

I'm using a Logitech external mouse, but that's not the problem. Same thing happens when the mouse is removed and you're working with the touchpad. And it's not just picture files. I noticed the same problem while in windows explorer and scrolling down for a specific file. After several seconds, the page pops back up to the top.

How do I get the page to stay wherever I have the cursor?

:)

JWHendry4, Oct 29, 2019

2. My pictures jumping to top of page

I'm using Windows 10, and when viewing my pictures, if i scroll down to the bottom of the page it automatically jumps to the top of the page after a few seconds. Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

Darkwaterd, Oct 29, 2019
  3. neo158 Win User
    Jump/Scroll to Top or Bottom?

If it's in an app then that's up to the developer to implement Jumps Lists. Jump Lists show up where need after a certain amount of content or apps are available within the OS.

neo158, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Page jumps back to top

Jump/Scroll to Top or Bottom?

I'm starting to get tired of having to scroll scroll scroll to the top or bottom of long lists.... how can I jump to the bottom or top?

ComputerFields, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Page jumps back to top

1. Page jumps back to top - Similar Threads - Page jumps top

2. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  3. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump back to top and cursor freezing: When i open a file in laptop or even anything in google chrome or any browser and scroll down after few seconds it jumps back to the top of the page automatically plus the cursor also freezes. Once i press scroll down/Scroll up button from the keyboard cursor works back to...
  4. Jump back to top and cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  6. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  7. Screen Jumps back to the Top of the page in the folder after selecting clicking little box...

in Cortana
    Screen Jumps back to the Top of the page in the folder after selecting clicking little box...: I am frustrated because I am scanning down and selecting photos to delete from my photo folder, and it will just jump back to the top when I am trying to select another. It used to not do that. To avoid, I have to have the icons smaller so all photos are in the same screen....
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  9. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  10. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...