Windows 10: Page keeps opening by itself.

Discus and support Page keeps opening by itself. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pages keep opening by themselves, the pages are bing searches saying something about Windows 10, it started with chrome, then after I updated to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PapaKat, Apr 8, 2019.

1. PapaKat Win User

Page keeps opening by itself.

Pages keep opening by themselves, the pages are bing searches saying something about Windows 10, it started with chrome, then after I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, it started doing it with Microsoft Edge, it opens multiple tabs of the same page, sometimes it opens multiple windows of also the same page. I'm not even sure what topic this falls under.

:)

PapaKat, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Page keeps opening by itself.

Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Page keeps opening by itself.

1. Page keeps opening by itself. - Similar Threads - Page keeps opening

2. Help pages keep on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help pages keep on opening: In my browsers like chrome/edge, tabs with how to get help on Microsoft keeps opening up by itself. If the internet is off, then HP hardware diagnostics pops up. There are days when I work just fine, but suddenly the problem erupts. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from...
  3. Help pages keep on opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help pages keep on opening: In my browsers like chrome/edge, tabs with how to get help on Microsoft keeps opening up by itself. If the internet is off, then HP hardware diagnostics pops up. There are days when I work just fine, but suddenly the problem erupts. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from...
  4. Keeping Several Notepad Pages Open Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping Several Notepad Pages Open Simultaneously: In just the past two days it seems that only one Notepad note can be kept open at a time whereas previously many could though I'm not doing anything differently. Has there been some change with Notepad? I recently got a Microsoft questionnaire asking my opinion of it and...
  5. Keeping Several Notepad Pages Open Simultaneously

Keeping Several Notepad Pages Open Simultaneously: In just the past two days it seems that only one Notepad note can be kept open at a time whereas previously many could though I'm not doing anything differently. Has there been some change with Notepad? I recently got a Microsoft questionnaire asking my opinion of it and...
  6. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  7. Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening automatically by itself: [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what to do if Edge keeps opening automatically by itself on Windows 11/10 devices. According to the affected users, Edge opens automatically every time they start their computers, whereas, some users have stated that Edge opens up...
  8. file explorer keeps opening itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps opening itself: (This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. With an USB external drive is connected (as d:\ drive), file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  9. Tabs keep opening on help pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tabs keep opening on help pages: Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and when I'm on discord - "Discord support" opens. (Currently, the record for the amount of tabs that have opened is over 2k.)...
  10. Photos Keeps opening itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Keeps opening itself.: Photos app keeps popping up on my task manager and only task manager. It says suspended but is annoying to me as I don't want it open and don't use my PC to look at pictures in the first place. Windows 10 by the way....