Windows 10: Page Number in Excel hidden/removed

Discus and support Page Number in Excel hidden/removed in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm on the latest Beta version of Microsoft 365 Family, and when attempting to update an Exel spreadsheet, I cannot find anything related that is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, May 28, 2021.

1. Wynona Win User

Page Number in Excel hidden/removed

I'm on the latest Beta version of Microsoft 365 Family, and when attempting to update an Exel spreadsheet, I cannot find anything related that is actually helpful! So far, I haven't succeeded in adding page numbering to my spreadsheet!

:)

Wynona, May 28, 2021

2. page numbering

Hi sbi33. Welcome to the TenForums @sbi33

What product are you using, sounds like Word, which year.

Not sure what year you are using, here are instructions for 2013.

Could I suggest you start a new document, make it simple a word on each page, say three pages long. Then in Word 2013, which would be like 2016, click on Insert along the top, then page number, then bottom of page. There should be page numbers on all pages. Is there?

The ribbon should change to Header Footer Tools, then click Page number and then Format page number and choose start on page 2. Did this work.?

If the above worked then there is formatting within your current doc that is restricting pages. If it didn't work then I would suggest there is something corrupt within your app.

Caledon Ken, May 28, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, May 28, 2021
  4. sbi33 Win User

page numbering

Hi Both

I am using Word 2013.

Did as you suggested, created four pages. First page has 2 at bottom and increasing numbers to page four which is 5.

I have quite a few "Page Breaks," there is also a "Section Break (Next Page)" on the page before where I want the numbering to start. there are about 40 jpgs set within the body of the text.

Switched on the Show/Hide facility can see nothing unusual.

Therefore seems likely to be a formatting problem some where, how can I find that? Please.

Yes, as above, I do have a Section Breaks as I want the numbering to start on page 8.

It is a Family History book so do not want the title page, Preface, Contents etc to be numbered, Would like it to start where the story starts.

Does the page numbering facility have a limit to the number of pages that can be numbered?

sbi33, May 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Page Number in Excel hidden/removed - Similar Threads - Page Number Excel

2. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  3. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  4. Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers: I followed instructions in Display numbers as credit card numbers - Microsoft Support and entered as text, but it does not show as numbers. It's a combination of numbers, letters, punctuation and symbols. Please advise. Thank you....
  5. Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers

Excel: Display numbers as credit card numbers: I followed instructions in Display numbers as credit card numbers - Microsoft Support and entered as text, but it does not show as numbers. It's a combination of numbers, letters, punctuation and symbols. Please advise. Thank you....
  6. Excel and Word page size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel and Word page size: I cannot select an Excel or Word document page size = Legal 8.5X14. The Legal Size option has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-and-word-page-size/a4a625c3-67a2-4e3a-bdf1-ce8de0243a47
  7. Page numbers

Page numbers: How do I get rid of the page number on the bottom of the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbers/8bf43c12-1a14-403e-ac13-4f767cd6a3b3
  8. Page Number Help

Page Number Help: Hi this may seem like a trivial question to some, however while trying to insert a page number header into a word document I appear to be getting some form of crazy ass text. Please tell me there is a simple solution and I don't have to submit an assignment with it on :(...
  9. Changing page numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing page numbers: How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-page-numbers/ea849eab-53e9-44ad-851c-b81f3d75930c
  10. page numbering

in Microsoft Office and 365
    page numbering: trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried...